Should I block my ex?

He asks me how I am every now and then, and I say I'm fine. Or he says I look nice in my photo. I don't think he really cares, just wants to keep his hold on me. If he wanted to say more he would. We broke up ages ago.

We broke up because he is a bit of a loner and not the relationship type. He's too selfish & it wasn't getting anywhere, although we were very close & he was very affectionate. Once I saw a text to a girl who lives in another country. She didn't reply. He said it didn't mean anything, he was just bored. I was the closest person to him & he broke all my trust & confused me because he doesn't really sleep around & is a shy guy. After we broke up he still wanted to see me.

He's 33 & things weren't gonna change or move forward. We just want different things, but I feel like he doesn't want me to forget him, so keeps messaging me on whatsapp. Why does he need to know how I am?
Should I block my ex?
3
1