Do guys do this after a break up?

do guys really move on this quickly. they say the will love u forever and that they are gonna wait for you no matter what, and then 3 days after a breakup the find soneone new

we broke up because i had to many emotional problems (i was sad and depressed and i didn't want him to go through all of that)
so i was thinking about him and his happiness but he just moved on like what we had for 6 months was nothing.

do all of guys do that, is it just that we girls care more than them? how do guys do that because heaven know i wanna be able to move on that fast

• yes
  • no

620

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the guy. For myself it takes a while before I fully realise the breakup. So anyone I met in the first couple of weeks after I could move on quickly but after that time period I usually need a couple months to clear my head of any thoughts of my ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not all. Though biologically, a man would be less tied to sadness than a woman (because his job is to spread his seed) a woman might lament over her partner because of the resources he brought to the table-what if she can't find it again.
    Ok zooming out from bio, men are all different. My ex is a wonderfully complex and sweet man who is taking a while to get over all of this.

What Guys Said 19

• some guys may some guys don't. everyone is different.

• if im attached and there's a break up I shut down for a couple of months then I seek all the attention I can feeling very lonely... Then I realize and snap out of it but it takes me a while to balance out wanting somome and having standards

• Don't say "we girls"
    Just talk about yourself
    Cause everyone's different cutie
    Sorry to hear about that though
    But you should be happy about it right?

• no no i know. not ALL of the girls. i guess it came out wrong. i know me and few other girls including my family members who have hard time moving on.. and all my exes were completely okay with just finding other girls like nothing ever happened between us

• I can understand but still saying most guys don't want something serious at young age
      If you got my point?

• some people are just good at closing off their feelings and others aren't. some people are just able to process it quicker than others some people also deal in absolutes so when they go through a breakup they feel that its the end flat out and that there is no point in dwelling on it. it all depends on the individual

• I had to break up with a girl who has emotional issues and drug issues. Been a month. I miss her so much. Very hard for me to move on.

• It's called a rebounce. Trying to get your mind off from things by going to the first one in sight.

• Depends on the guy really but he is most likely rebounding. In most cases I have seen the grass is not greener and they come running back. And women do this also.

• In my opinion if he loves u he will definitely find a way to that back to u and if not god is finding a better match than that...

• not all guys are like that my relationship of 9 months took around 6 months before I completely got over it meanwhile 3 weeks later she was dating someone else

• not every guy is like that, we feel just as much as women do, but we just try to find someone or somthing to take our minds off of it.

• must of us will think of you or our lost ones the ones that got away forever and need a another

• No it's just coincidental. My last relationship partner did the same thing to me while I kept thinking abut her for months.

• Guys hide emotional pain by acting out, he just doesn't wanna be lonely and hooks up with random rebound girls

• okey wait this is because man have a big fat ego that make him act like he don't care but after sometime it hit him and he star to miss you and feel all that at once

• if you didn't want him and he wanted you, it's like he was waiting for a ship at the airport. he just realized that's insane and went somewhere else

• but i wanted him. i was caring. i was too emotionally ill and i made it affect him too and i didn't want him to go through that. i asked for a break so i can work on myself but he immidiatelly told everyone we broke up and started making out with every living thing with a vagina.

• well you could have told him you need a short break to try some new things

• Because it's over? It it's over then it's over. Time to go be with new people. You must be confused as to what a break up is...

• Probably a rebound.

• Some do others don't it depends on a lot of things

What Girls Said 5

• With my experiences with guys they don't get over a girl that easily. Many of my exes are still into me and it's been like 4 years. But it all depends on the guy some guys are well "man whores" and go from girl to girl really quickly but others may find a new girl in a year after their last relationship. Girls are the exact same way I know heaps of girls that have a new guy each month, but other girls I know have waited a long time till dating again.

• There could be many reasons. Maybe he didn't care as much as you thought. Harsh but sometimes true. Words mean nothing from men, only actions matter. That shows they care. Or maybe he didn't feel like his needs were being met and as soon as you broke up, he jumped at the chance of having sex with someone to fulfill them. Sounds like he's rebounding hard and maybe he still feel something for you and stay by your side as a friend.

• yeah well now he is using a defense mechanism by making me feel like shit because he noticed i moved on and so now he is making fun of me and roasting me in front of everyone.

• I broke it off with my boyfriend when I went away to college an he was absolutely heart broken. I heard from friends that he didn't tell anyone for 2 months and later on he didn't date anyone for another year. The only reason I broke it off was because my college was very far away from him and the long distance relationship doesn't usually work. We stayed friends and we would see eachother for coffee when I was back in town on holidays and also emailed a lot back and forth. When it was nearing the end of college for me I just came out and asked him if he would ever consider getting back together. We loved eachother a lot and it was amazing to back together. We are still together years later and very much in love.

• Yes. Men lie a lot, especially about feelings, and lead you on. The younger the are, the more likely they are to do it. I genuinely don't believe are as capable as love as they tell women they are.

• yeah, and they're getting mad when you don't trust them. Also as far as my experience goes, they say pretty early they love someone and basically they just say what girls want to hear. not all of them, but most, and it's quite sad