Would you move to another city for someone you love?

Hello, thank you for your time and responses. I'll try to make my situation as simple as I can for you. There is this girl that I have had very strong feelings for for quite a while now. We dated during our sophomore year in college and then broke up. After 7-8 months of not having any real, structured conversations or relationship, she started to contact me out of the blue. We made plans to see each other in our respective college towns (she was Tallahassee and I was Tampa...were from Miami), and we did and started to fall for one another again.

We just recently decided to split but remain friends and keep each other relevant in each others lives. Hopefully we can be together in the future. With the possibility of her moving up north somewhere out of Florida maybe, I feel compelled to try and start a life of my own in the same city if it meant we could be closer together and possibly be together again. Have any of you felt compelled to move if it meant a chance of being with the one you've loved for a so long? Thanks. :)

*Just to add something, since we are both journalism majors, she would be moving to a city that would be beneficial to her career...New York, Philly, etc.`Somewhere that is media heavy. So Id say yes, I could benefit from that city also.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• In a similar situation as you. However, I'm not in college. My boyfriend is. He is 22 and I am 25. He recently moved about 3 hours away to go back to college. We decided to stay together(we just can't seem to break it off. Every time we decide we are going to break up... we both run back to each other. We don't fight or argue and always have the best times together). I've thought of moving to the town he is in a couple of times. I feel I would be realistic about it. I know there would be a chance we would break up. It would suck but I would be in a college town... and hopefully find some good opprotunities for myself. So, to answer your question. Yes, I would relocate. You only have one life...

What Girls Said 2

• here is my question to you. Do you love her enough to move to her city and hope to be together? also, if things don't work out with her would you be okay living in that city? You have to think through all the different scenarios, if things were to work out or if things weren't to work out with this girl and where you would be left in this new city.

• My boyfriend and I are going through this now, about going to the same college though.

I understand why you'd feel the need to move to the same city, that's really sweet.

You just have to look at how you'd benefit in the new city, and not just in the sense of being able to be with your lover. You need to know if you can do this financially, being away from your family, getting a job, things like that.

If all signs are a go, then GO FOR IT!

Hope I've helped ( :

• I just updated the question saying she could move somewhere beneficial to her career, and could ultimately benefit me too since we are the same majors. Financially I don't know yet until I graduate, so the only thing I would have to really deal with if it doesn't work is missing my family. But Id expect to deal with that if I were to move ANYWHERE...not just for love, so I'm not sure.

What Guys Said 3

• I was always told you should pursue your life and someone will come along who will fit in your life and that I should not base my life around a person...idk how much of that I believe but I think I wouldn't move cities for a girl...personally

• you have to think about a lot of things like a job and how would you like that city... but if you really love this girl and think the is the one for you then you should talk to her about it.

• I haven't done this, but I would.