Most Helpful Guy
1. You may be setting some unreasonable standards for yourself about forgetting him. You can't forget him. You won't forget him. You shouldn't forget him.
2. You need to take some responsibility for your share of whatever happened and learn some lessons. Almost always, the fault in a relationship is shared, even if it is only your fault that you picked such a lousy person to be your dating partner.
3. Be realistic with yourself about what it is that you have lost. If you focus solely on the positives that you had, you can convince yourself that you have lost the best relationship that the world could ever know. You are probably not remembering it with balance. Bad things happened and there were problems that were festering, there were warning signs that were ignored.
3. Every relationship that has such a profound effect on you should be remembered because each one changes who you are and what kind of person you are for your next partner.
4. I wrote a myTake about how to get over a break up. Read this: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11176-a-practical-guide-for-how-to-get-over-your-breakup-how-to-get-on
Most Helpful Girl
You need to love yourself
You need to work on your inner self
You need to then stop settling and walk with your head held high because you deserve a man who will truly love and care for you.
You need to stop making yourself look cheap, and know you're worth way more than what you allow yourself to be with.
Nothing seems to be helping because you lack all of the above. You shouldn't be wondering how you can get over him, because as long as you continue to be the girl you're today, you'll forever run back to him for security. A WOMAN who is sure of herself, and knows her worth, will find it very easy to move on from this bastard A LONG TIME AGO. Don't make life seem impossible without him. Hold your head up high, girl! You're a beautiful, and intelligent woman who deserves nothing but the best. Stop talking/thinking that non sense. Chin up. It all starts with you! The way you treat yourself, the way you present yourself to others, is what you'll attract and is how you'll be treated by men.