How do you stop yourself from looking at your exes social media etc after a break up?

Me and my ex recently broke up and by now its a habit of checking his social media etc and i dont wanna hurt myself more by looking so does any one have some advice as to how they got over this?

109

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Most Helpful Girl

• well what I did was first block them and then find someone really really really cute online and stare at their pictures instead whenever I'd get the urge to check their pics or pages. it's especially great if you can find someone to flirt harmlessly w. don't force yourself to move on too quick but let yourself have fun. I wouldn't like go out with anyone cause I wasn't ready but I'd flirt soooo much. it just made me feel desirable after a bitter breakup. I kept thinking about if they were talking to someone new or if they were out getting laid at many minute and it was driving me crazy. finding someone else to think about and in a positive way really helped me.

What Guys Said 8

• block him?

• Treat it as an addiction, a harmful one i. e smoking, drinking too much - Avoid temptation, keep telling yourself you are doing the right thing etc hopefully over time it gets easier

• Block them, remove them, ignore them.

• take a drink every time you do till you pass out and feel horrible. when you feel that you know exactly how you feel when you look at it.

• block em

• Deleted them

• U get over him.

• no suggestions really, I have seen exs fbook and seen them get married etc.

What Girls Said 9

• I think the first step is to just BLOCK HIM, once you block him it will take a little while to forget him mentally, but AT LEAST you won't get reminded of him if he posts something, so delete him block him as if he never existed.
    It's hard I know, but it's the first hard step to forget him and move on.

• You block and delete all of their profiles and anytime you get the urge to look get up and get a glass of water instead. Even if you don't feel like one

• You block him if it helps.

• Go out and meet friends
    Catch up on those series
    Block him on facebook , twitter etc
    Get a job, anything to preoccupy your time

• unfollowed and block

• Like this...

• Unfriend and block

• U should find urself new habits and activites to forget anything. otherwise u cnnot deal with this pain.

• I've had the same problem in semi recent breakups and I ended up deleting all my social media because it hurt too bad. But, if I were you I would block them so he/she doesn't pop up in your suggestion bar. Good luck!