Adequate amount of time to get over someone and start dating again?

In my case we were together 3 years and it was a semi-mutual breakup. I didn't want us to, but he and I fought so much that it got to both of our breaking points. Now instead of staying close we've only drifted apart. It's hard for me because what I thought was a break is more obviously a breakup now. Even though I'm hurt, I wanna spare myself the tears and loneliness by dating... but I also don't wanna rebound cause I don't wanna do that to the new guy...

so tell me what YOU believe is the right amount of time, from the day of breakup, to wait before really trying to date someone else. Enough time so that it's not a jerk move towards your ex nor too soon to actually care about someone new?
You can start dating as soon as the day or day after you break up.
Around 2-4 weeks.
At least a month, but preferably 1-3 months.
Vote C
6 months to a year to truly heal.
Vote D
1 year or more
Vote E
GirlGuy
+1 y
Sorry if you wanted a specific like 3-6 months In there. Please comment if you do and explain your reasoning!
17
8