What did your last relationship teach you?

I'm just super curious

823

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) Don't expect someone to change. Don't stay in a relationship that is conditional on them changing.

2) Compliment her more, a LOT more. Girls thrive on that for some reason.

3) I know it's stereotype. But when she says we need to talk, then we really do need to talk.

4) Related to #3. If it's important to her, then it should be important to you, even if you don't understand why. If she says it's important, then it's important.

• So true!
      Props to you for being able to realize these things usually guys don't care

• @April_Ib
      Well I'm older. This stuff doesn't come naturally, so most guys have to fumble around doing it wrong before they figure it out. Most will eventually figure it out. It took me a looooong time to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• It taught me that, love isn't always fully appreciated. That taking advantage of someone isn't always physical. Things I knew but had to experience for myself. It also taught me what my preferences are in a partner and in a relationship. The sappy feelings and appearances will vanish, and having someone who's willing to take care of you and do whatever is necessary, all while loving you the same, is priceless. Again, something obvious, but I didn't don't expect it from my relationship.

What Guys Said 22

• shit happens.. what about you?

• Actions will always speak louder than words.

• never interrupt her when she is telling the things which I know very well!

• ldr do not work out way you think

• Sigh

• LOVE is just good thing until you're rich

• If we can desperately break free from unhealthy attachments, then it means we are strong. It is also good actually.

• that sometimes you can do everything right and still get fucked over in the end

• it told me, never ever fall in love again, like all the others before

• it's one thing for you to help your partner be a better person, it's a whole other thing to let her/him become dependent on you and vice versa

• That being together for years, doesn't mean nothing.

• Taught me how much of my actions can kill pure love.

• do don't put as many feelings in somebody as I done bevore

• That I've dated girls who have been burnt an haven't moved on

• That girls used guys like toys

• That women only date good looking guys.

• To stick with my standards and listen to my instincts lol, not just about sex

• that I should probably take it slow

• um nothing sorry

• others relationship taught me something!

• women cheat to much to complain

• Prenup save lifes

What Girls Said 7

• It taught me not to take shit from a guy. If he's going to be an ass, he isn't worth my time. I deserve respect and to be put first when in a relationship.

• Nothing

• i love old-fashioned dudes. my ex is the typical Southern gentleman. :)

• That I shouldn't put up with someone that is jealous and insecure. I am not going to take accusations. And that some guys are just plain stupid. You can't change someone.

• That I don't want/need a relationship right now

• I haven't realize it yet. I just move on and forget

• not to give a second chance because reading the same book won't change the end