I've been dating for 2 years and I'm desperately lonely, is there a way to lessen the loneliness until I find the right person?

I was married over a decade and was forced to leave the relationship because it was very unhealthy. The first year I was alone I had a lot of friends but at night I was so lonely that almost every night I would cry until I fell asleep from exhaustion. 2 years later I still hurt every night so bad sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. I can be with a group of friends and I still feel so empty and alone. I've tried dating but when it doesn't work it breaks me down all over again. Is there some way that I can cope with the loneliness so it doesn't destroy and consume my life until hopefully, the right person comes along one day?
13
1