My ex says he is not capable on being in a relationship?

So I have just split up with my ex for the second time... He cheated on me first time round and when we got back with eachother he has ended up chatting up a woman I caught him out and he says where best being apart as he said he is not capable on being in a relationship. He says it's nothing that IV done wrong it's him with the issue he can't settle down and that I'm so sweet and caring and that I deserve better someone that will give me what he can't. He's 33 year old man and he's made these excuses first time round but when we got back together he said he realised how much he's missed me. We have never argued only bickered like you do in relationships but we got on so well like best friends. He has said he's going to miss me and he's really fond of me yet he's told me he loves me I met his family and friends we have been together for 8 months and I found out the reason is past relationships don't last is because he's cheated. Is this really a man with issues?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have the same issue as your ex minus the cheating. I simply end the relationship. I feel every relationship is too much of a compromise and the fun of the chase and getting to know a new person is too much of an allure to ignore.

Eventually, I am hoping to find a woman who I feel offers me more in partnership than I would be able to get being single and playing the field. Sadly, I have yet to meet such a woman.

I would agree that he has issues. He has serious issues with honesty. I don't tolerate dishonesty well.

• he's been in a 5 year relationship before which I don't understand unless he was cheating on her too?
      So would you say if you met the one you would settle and not look elsewhere?
      Also would you not say that it is an issue that you can't help but look elsewhere all the time?

Most Helpful Girl

• When a man really loves you, he won't cheat or play around with your feelings. Stop looking for excuses to hold on and move on ffs.

What Guys Said 4

• i don't know if he really has issues or just excuses but regardless his actions speak of a person who isn't good for a relationship so i'd stay away

• Why do you even care? There are millions of men out there who would treat you better.

• This is a man with many issues. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• He will do the same again. Even nice guys cheat.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he still wants to run around a bit before settling...

• Might cheat but some people change