Is there more to this breakup?

I've been seeing a sweet guy for about a month and yesterday he broke it off with me saying he was too busy for a relationship at the moment (his parents confirmed it and they love me so they wouldn't lie for him). Then he said "I don't know what I want, I'm still not over _ex_ completely yet. I still dream about her and I getting back together." So does that mean that he thought he'd try to be with me but then realized he didn't want to? He said we could probably try later on in the summer when he isn't so busy.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he was just using you as a rebound, and realized he misses her.

• Isn't a rebound right after a break up? They haven't been together since December

• OMG THAT BITCH, WTF! NO SWIPE HIM, STEAL HIM, TAKE HIM BACK!!! WHY WOULD HE WANT HER BACK, WHYYY? But yeah, now I get it, if you felt it, don't deny your heart, GET HIM GURL, IM ROOTING FOR YOU

• Thanks girl! I hope to get him back soon. I talked to him tonight and he explained what's been going on since the breakup and why he can't let it down so easily. Even tho she broke up with him, he's been getting a lot of shit from it like death notes and someone pissing in his locker and just a lot of terrible things. I asked him why he got that stuff and he said "Because I dated the wrong person". I feel so bad with what he's going through because I've gone through stuff like that before. I hope I can make his future brighter/better.

What Guys Said 6

• You've been seeing him for a month and you think his parents wouldn't lie to you? You're so innocent

• Well maybe he needs more time with his job and does he have a job? Maybe he needs to make more time for it?

• Sounds like you were rebound and he's not over his ex at all.

• what do you wanna know?

• you ain't her toy don't let him play with you whenever he's free

• busy you say why would I have such an Angel and be busy

What Girls Said 5

• just give it time, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, he just hasn't got over the past yet and must have a lot on his plate

• He seems conflicted, and he doesn't know what he wants. You should just leave him to figure things out, but don't wait for him because you deserve better than a guy who has made the decision to walk away. The fact he's not over his ex, and clearly has her in mind isn't a good sign. People like that who get into relationships knowing they're not over someone or something, are not being genuine in the relationship.

• 1. No one is too busy. That's straight up bullshit.

2. Yes his parents would lie lmao.

3. You were a rebound clearly and he's just saying he'll keep you around as another option later on if his plan on getting his ex back doesn't work rn.

• You stated what his real reason was; his ex.

• always more to a breakuo