I don't know what to think...

OK, I've been dating this girl for a while, and things felt good and it seems like things are going to progress. Well we had a talk via IM recently, and it goes something like this:

Her: I think I'm doing something wrong

Me: ...?

Her: you consider us seeing each other. I consider us hanging out.. somethings wrong there.

ME: yeah

it isn't all you tho

Her:?

Me: I mean, your not the only one who might be approaching this wrong, I'm looking too much into it like I always do, ugh

Her: no your not looking too much into it

I'm looking too little into it

Me: OK, so what are you saying exactly?

Her: just saying I should give you a chance?

Me: :)

Her: a fair chance..

i haven't did anything with you that I haven't did with other people in the last 6 months

Me: yeah, I guess it's because I've been broken up with my ex for over a year, and for you it hasn't been that long

Her: I think you might have your eyes out for the wrong girl.

Me: so I'm confused... are you wanting to try this out, or are you wanting to be friends?...

Her: I want to

but I think your gonna get hurt in the process

Well after that we talked more, and she said she thinks her last relationship "broke" her, and said she "doesn't know how to like anyone else" and "doesn't know how to date anymore"

I'm not going to go into details, but she ended a 3-year relationship about 3-4 months ago, and a lot of other crappy stuff has been happening to her too.

Can anyone give me some insight?

11

What Girls Said 1

• Coming from a very similar story, only I was with my ex for 5 years, she doesn't want to be with you but she's trying to say it in the nicest way. She led you on... That's rude. I also have done the same thing to a guy that I like. She's not over her ex... It doesn't matter what he did to her she is realizing what she lost and us girls only remember the good stuff. Yes it's actually very dumb, but also we need to learn from our mistakes. If it's hurting you try talking less about relationship things and be her friend. She needs a friend right now not a boyfriend. Let her have her options open and you as well have yours open. If it's meant to be it will work out, if not you have a really great friendship.

What Guys Said 1

• She might not be over her ex, confused, vulnerable, easy to get into a rebound relationship to get over them or make them jealous and try and get back into a relationship with the ex.

She might be worried if you do get into a relationship and that ends so will the friendship usually...