Is my ex in a rebound relationship or does it sound like the real thing?

We ended things because we temporarily live in different cities but we still liked each other and ended it pretty amicably. but we only broke up in January and we still kept in contact until about the end of February when suddenly it tapered off. Then I started getting snapchats of him with another girl. I only know what I've seen on social media but from what I can tell they've been together just under two months and they've already gone home to each other's hometowns and met each other's families, spent Easter together and it just seems like it's moving really fast. Meanwhile he still occasionally sends me texts or messages and actively follows me on social media. He also doesn't post pictures of them together on Instagram or Facebook. Obviously I still have feelings for him, and Im hurt and a bit angry that he would jump into something so fast after we ended things especially when he said he didn't want to date anybody else. Im also moving back to that area soon, though I haven't told him that. I dont know if my intuition is right in saying he's in a rebound relationship or if I'm just telling myself that to cushion the blow.

12

What Guys Said 2

• That's a pretty serious rebound. it sounds like he wants you to know how serious it is

• obviously something sparked with a new person. Maybe best to get it out with him and move FWD.

What Girls Said 1

• I thought similar when my ex of 3+ years was already taking his new girlfriend of a month to meet his friends etc.. But now I don't care. I get that it hurts but is it because he's with someone else or because you actually miss him?
    you broke up for a reason.. If I was you I'd just see it as he's her problem now. x