He's still hung up on someone. How do I get over him?

I ended it with my boyfriend because I found out he was distant from me because he was still hung up on this other girl (she has moved on and ghosted him). I miss him so much, but it hurts to know that he wants her. It felt like he never even tried to get to know me. I found out he was hung up on her because he posted on social media asking how to get over her. The comment that hurt the most was "Can't I just have her personality?"
He found out after we broke up that I knew he still wanted the other girl. It just hurts. How do I get rid of the pain? He may not have gotten to know me well, but I got to know him. I miss him. Why do I miss someone who hurt me?

03

What Guys Said 3

• so... what you're saying is that you're doing the exact same thing that he did, but instead of his case where he got broken up with, you're breaking up with him, and you're not telling him why until after you broke up with him...

• No, I told him that it was because I felt alone in the relationship and that I think he needed to be alone to figure out what he wanted. I ended it really nice. I made sure he had closure; I even told him that if he needed to tell me off to get closure that he could without me being angry. I simply told him that I didn't want someone who wasn't 100% in.

• Find a guy who keeps on on priority rather than any other girl, you do the same for him too. find a good guy, don't rush into relationship fast. the more time it takes to build, the stronger and longer it builds.

• love the Truth that you were not born with him and he is missing out. no worries. give no mind to what doesn't deserve your good moments.

What Girls Said 0