Should I move on from my 3 year relationship?

My boyfriend breaks up with me very often over petty little situations and he plays a lot with my feelings. He's always breaking up with me saying I deserve better but then he'll write me two days later saying he wants to get back together. Last summer he broke up with me and told me he didn't love me anymore and then he wrote me back eventually saying he wanted to work things out. Now his excuse is he's going away to college next Fall and he feels like our life is going two different routes and he doesn't know what he wants so he doesn't want to keep hurting me but that he loves me. I love him a lot but I'm tired of being hurt all the time and crying because he keeps breaking up with me and then coming back to me? At the same time he has been feeling stressed and really down at the fact he hasn't been in college because of his job and I'm about to get my associates so he feels like a failure and doesn't like how his life is going right now. I don't know if that has to do with how he's acting. He's about to turn 21 and I'm 20.

Most Helpful Guy

• he is manipulative and playing with your head to keep your self esteem low in order to keep him in control! its a horrible type of relationship to be in and will only eat away at your self confidence... i believe from what you have wrote that you already know all this so what i would say to you is empower yourself, believe in your feelings and make the changes that you know need made - last of all.. good luck!

What Guys Said 5

• Drop him like a bad habit. He's just going to keep toying with you and hurting you until he gets someone else who will put up with his antics. Part of me thinks he's breaking up with you to fool around with another woman and when he gets bored, she gets bored, or she can't put up with him anymore, he comes back to you because he knows that you will take him back.

• Yea your right. Thanks for the advice.

• Sorry that you're in that situation. Hope everything works out for you regardless of how you choose to proceed.

• Sounds toxic. I'd leave the relationship. Go no contact.

• Yes breakup with this loser... seriously... it. it must be so draining for you

• There's only one way to find out...

• ofc you should breakup u will get many more in future.

What Girls Said 1