Can we work? Every week threatens to leave and pack her things?

We've been engaged. She got upset and gave me the ring back 3 times. And another time just called the engagement off.. but then still talks about getting married. When we argue she always packs her bag and empty the closet and drawers and puts her stuff in bags. She been living with me almost one year and still hasn't fully unpacked. Well she was fully unpacked one time but then packed up again after an argument. This was a weekly/ bi weekly event. Saturday night she began to do it stopped bagging a few drawers. Then Monday wants to bring up marriage. I brought up Saturday because its been on my mind and bothers me

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Women love attention and sometimes we do stupid things because we want to see how far you will go (not all women). when she's packing all her stuff what are you doing? Do you try stop her and beg her blah blah all those kinda things...

The reason I ask is because sometimes women love a reaction to see if your willing to fight for her. I don't see why she always needs to pack up her things. You both need to have a time out session. When you know things are going to get really heated both just take a break for a few hours then come back and discuss the situation properly. We say and do things when we are angry and upset. I think you need to talk to her and tell her that she needs to stop running away from certain shit. It's life, you'll have arguments and it's okay.

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you guys fight about

• Anything, I cut her off when she was speaking. My tone. The look on my face. Anything. But its not so much tge arguing but the reaction to the arguing

• But normally she is upset aND has a problem with me

• This is toxic. Don't marry the lass quite yet

What Girls Said 4

• She might be trying to decide if she actually want's to marry you. Sometimes girls say they wan't to marry you and actually talk with you about marriage.
    You both have to make it work no-one can say if it will work or not.
    All you can do is tell her that your serious about marriage.
    It's her not you.
    I hope it all works out.

• Did she do these things before you guys ever got engaged?

• Yes she did we talked and she always promise to stop. She said her behavior is because doesn't feel secure and the I wasn't going to take the relationship to the next level. So I proposed and thought that after she wouldn't keep threatening to leave and packing. But no its still happening

• Yeah, she doesn't seem to be secure with herself. She says it's the relationship, but really it's her. I would have said maybe she has cold feet about the wedding and stuff like that but if this has been happening prior to getting engaged as well, then it's definitely her. I think she will continue to do this hoping to gain some kind of security from you, but she's going to have to fix this by herself. It's also not fair to you. You've done all that you can to try to fix the relationship, and now it's all on her.

• You need to sit down and talk. It sounds like she's using this as a scare tactic which isn't right

• hmm probably just worried or concerned I'm sure the reality is just settling in. I think that's expected

• Please explain

• she's worried/concerned that it will not be perfect or as planned. reality is setting in that this is not easy and will be rough. if this happened before the engagement then she's probably emotionally unstable or very sensitive.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!