Why does my Ex contact me?

My Ex & I were together for a year. We had a wonderful relationship, but decided to break up because he was moving away for college & didn't want to do "long distance" relationship, though it was only 2 hours away.. well after our breakup, we continued to stay in contact & act as if we were together.. things seemed even better! I would spend weekends over at his place & he would come over as well. This "long distance" relationship was working out pretty well (so I thought.)
I applied for his school & got accepted. We had talked about me transferring schools, because I hated mine. I was going surprise him when I moved to campus..
He visited me one weekend & was very sweet, his last words to me were, "You have no idea how badly I wish you were my girlfriend." Then I never heard from him for 3 months. I tried contacting him, but no answer. There came a point where I just stopped trying, though my heart was very much still with him. He deleted me off all of social media unexpectedly..
But sure I enough I found out he had found himself a new girlfriend.
I see him on campus nearly every day. I'm not sure if he sees me though. We have began talking more & more, but in a friendly manner. Most times when we talk, he brings up his girlfriend. I do nothing to over step my boundaries. I miss him & being his friend.. but why does he contact me? He avoided me for months.
Does he really want to be friends?
Does he feel bad for what he did?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dunno, maybe he wants to be friends again.
    Or[WORST CASE SCENARIO] he's putting you on the hook, ie: if he ever breaks up with his girlfriend you're his backup plan.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of a confusing situation... I wouldn't even have been his friend

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!