How do I break up with my girlfriend?

We've been together for 2 years now and I know she loves me dearly, and she is my first girlfriend, but I don't love her anymore. At first I felt sufficated by our relationship because she would want to see me everyday. I would give her rides to and from school and work whenever I could so I would spend like 2 hours driving everyday. I would always have to do the things I wanted to do and needed to do around her schedule. Lately I told her that I wanted some space and that I would only see her on my days off. She agreed and she says that she misses me on the couple of days that she doesn't see me, but I don't miss her. How should I go about this?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Just break up with her. No need to prolong it. It'll hurt her, but staying with her would be unfair to the both of you. Seeing as it seems like she's still very much into you, I think you should do it slowly. Let her get used to not having you around. Act cold, but don't be hurtful. Basically, just prepare her for it gently. Then break up with her, but again, try not to be hurtful. Just say that you fell out of love and be honest about what you feel. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way is always the truth. You are going to hurt her and that can't be avoided. If you wish, you could stay friends if she is interested. be honest, but not blunt.

What Girls Said 2

• Wow letting a good thing go

• Tell her directly with a nice way. Don't hurt her you are already finished this relationship in your mind and heart

What Guys Said 2

• You have to be straightforward but kind when you tell her, no matter how you go about it she will be hurt but if you're straightforward and kind it can lessen the blow she feels

• Show her this post.