I am so angry at my ex because he is everything negative that I thought he was and I am disappointed, don't know how to get over this anger?

My ex and I dated for almost 3 years and the entire relationship was built upon us trying to please each other, but him more than me. I would make some changes for him, like doing things I really wasn't that excited to do or going places I didn't really care for, but I asked him for a lot more changes. We got into a routine that I absolutely loved, I saw him as the perfect boyfriend. But we had arguments all the time because I could tell he wasn't being sincere with what he did and this put a damper on my view of him. This upset me because it made me feel like he didn't love me enough to be happy doing the things that made me happy, so I would get mad at him. Well now we are broken up and its been about 6 months since we broke up, and he is being EXACTLY who I felt like he was all along, and I don't know why this bothers me. He is just a laid back (I would say lazy...) person, no real goals for anything, just constantly partaking in hobbies and games he likes to play, he's on several dating apps as he he loves to have his ego boosted. I am just so disappointed in him. Since our breakup, I've learned how to better myself and not be so demanding, how to not add stress to others lives and how to be more happy with myself. I feel like I have grown a little since this breakup and he has done nothing but prove that he is the selfish, lazy, egotistical person I was trying to deny the entire time we dated.

I know that I shouldn't care what he does or is doing, but I see him all over my feeds on social media. We have a lot of mutual friends. Not only this, but some of my friends are friends with the girls he is talking to and it just makes me sick knowing he's making them laugh and wooing them the same way he did with me. I hate hearing about it, but it comes up sometimes. I want to get ANY advice whatsoever on how to just let this go. How to not care. It is not as easy as saying "I'm just gonna let it go". I've tried that, and the anger is still there.
+1 y
I know there isn't enough background information here, but basically he dropped out of his school classes, stayed at the same job (he was looking into a better job before we broke up), gained weight, still lives with his dad (had been planning on getting his own place by January).
3
1