Win him back or let him go?

My ex and i split after only 6 month and i think he could be the love of my life. He went through some really hard things during our relationship, such as loosing a job, two injuries, problems with the mother of his kids and jail. He was drinking and doing drugs while we where together. Once he got clean and sober things started to fall apart. He dumped me because i caused him too much stress or i influenced him to be complacent during his recovery. He told me almost 3 weeks ago the day after he dumped me he loved me and doesn't want to loose me forever that he just needs space. we still talked everyday for the next week just short like check in texts and up until last week he called me babe occasionally. now he only calls when he needs something or to pay back the money he owes me. I am getting tired of trying. I even confessed that i am still in love with him and miss him and got no reply back for days. he says he is busy with work and recovery. I saw him today and it was actually a nice visit and i got like a half hug. Should i continue to hang in there and try or is he just keeping me around until something else comes along?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• this guy is having a rough time. it really depends on how committed you are. I would continue to give him space but make sure he knows you're there if he needs you. make it known that you care about him and that you support him. he'll either come around or he won't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being with a guy with dependency issues is really challenging and you may not ever be able to have your emotionsl needs met by him. 6 months isn't that long he's still recovering. Yout better off staying friends.

What Guys Said 3

• The guy was reacting because because was kicking a drug habit. Addictions are terrible. You should know this. He was taking his frustration out on you. So you should be there for him. Help I'm keep his mind off his withdrawals.

• let him go

• hey forget him he is just playing with your emotion. let him go from your life

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!