How long did it take for you to get over your ex?

1018

Most Helpful Guy

• Some of them you never do.
    My HS sweetheart broke my heart - I never got over that, it still hurts. And I've had a dozen since, including my current wife of almost thirty years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how long the relationship was/ how close we were. I was with my ex for 3 and a half years... prolly the worst breakup.. took me about 7-8 months to completely get over him (it took that long mainly cuz he kinda led me on/ gave me hope that we were gonna get back together). In my other relationships (which lasted about 2 months)... took me like 0 days-1 month to get over the person. If I was the one that broke up with them then 0 days :P

What Guys Said 17

• Go clubbing, go out. You have to meet people. You will find a dude who will make u forget about ur ex. Its how i got over my girlfriend, i went out and started talking to other women until i found another girl who i really liked

• some pretty quick (days), we hated each other by the time we split. some took longer, we split for less dramatic reasons like avoiding murder charges. Back in the day I simply went and got a replacement asap (probably not the best solution in hindsight).

• A year +. I dated her briefly but she was the first person I felt a connection with. We decided to split up but I guess I didn't deal with it as well as I could have. The breakup really shaped my character I'd say and I've grown a lot colder towards people. But you know... no biggie.

• 1St time hell like years but now it's like changing channel with remote control,
    It's very difficult task to find your love nowadays (#)

• the problem is how much you loved your ex. if your ex was your biggest love than it could be take longer. Go outside with friends. Have fun. than it could be shorter.

• Yeah... I never had the chance to get over a girl because I never had one... :)

• It took me a year to get over my ex girlfriend.

• pretty long.. a day or two

• It took me over two years.

• 8 mos and counting still, we dated 6 years. She cheated.

• It has been almost 3 1/2 years... I guess I will let you know if it happens...

• Never had 1 never will m8 😎

• I took me around 4-5 months

• seven months

• 1 day

• depends

• Immediately.. same day...

What Girls Said 9

• My first ex, it took me a while. It took me about 3 months until I felt ready to date again and I completely got over him maybe after 8 or 9 months. My most recent ex, I honestly felt over him the second I decided to break up with him which was only 3 weeks ago. I think it really depends on the situation. Like who broke up with who, why it ended, stuff like that.

• exactly 5 months..

• Depends on the ex

• a week max, usually few days or nothing at all, just sadness hits me randomly. a year later I still miss his dog though, she could roll over on command

• around 4 years I'd say it's harder depending on the situation

• I let you know when it comes.. 6 years and going

• 1 year or more

• Still healing

• A week from the break up but it had been over for a year.