Have you ever broken up with an ex and literally never spoken to them after the break up?

My ex and I broke up 8 months ago after a 5 month relationship (my first serious one).
He said he didn't want a committed relationship and he couldn't be the boyfriend I wanted him to be.
I was so upset afterward that when he asked if we could be friends, I essentially said no. On top of that, I deleted him from all of my social media because initially, I didn't want to know what he was up to.

I don't hate him and it wasn't a nasty break up or anything , but we literally never spoke to each other again. It sometimes feels like it never happened. I think of him from time to time though and can't help but wonder if he ever thinks of me.
Is this normal? Does this usually happen to people? How do you deal with it?

020

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah there is some ex gf's I've never heard from in years , I can recall one I worked with summers of 2008 and 2009 , we were pretty close and saw a lot of each other those 2 summers. but things got really weird near the end and I think she moved to the city for work.

I remember she got really upset at me after this party she had , I had broke things and came on to her ( we weren't in a formal relationship so had never slept together , but always obvious we had a thing for each other ) . and soon after the job ended for the year , we were both at a golf course and it closed for season. either way never seen or heard a thing from her since , always though it seemed odd she'd do that. it be so awkward if we ran into each other now , its been like 8 years with no contact , she could even be married by now. I do wonder what happened to her but don't really have deep feelings for her anymore

What Guys Said 19

• I've been there a few times and am actually going through kind of a similar situation right now.
    I think about her all thee time and for me, its hard for me to believe that I can love any other girl besides her. But I haven't heard or seen her forever and I know that my life is too short. As much as I want to believe that I will see or hear from her, I can't keep waiting. And my heart can't agree to be just her friend if I waited. So Im working my way to work on myself. Im letting opportunities to have love elsewhere. Im allowing opportunities to make more fond memories.

• yea it happens... thing is.. you will find another, now stop dwelling, and move on... it happens

• That's how I am with pretty much ALL of my ex's. Once they're not part of my life anymore, I feel no particular need to have any kind of interaction with them. I don't speak to them, don't look them up on Fakebook, none of it.

• Yup, I have. And I don't intend to speak with them.

• happened and well after 3 years we spoke and yes she missed me too like i did.
    maybe he thinks about you too, you should just start a convo with him

• Yes I usually am that way until we see each other to exchange items of whatnkt and just be cordial.

• I'm not sure why you would want to continue talking to them if you want to move on. there is nothing to be gained by having conversations or hanging out with them especially if you have moved on. it's not really fair for the next person to have to wonder if something is or is going to happen between you and your ex (s) and if it's something that you feel like you would have to hide from the next person what are you really doing.

• Yeah when I fuck em and leave their assess

• yea and that's how it's supposed to be in my opinion, no need to hold ties with anyone. Most females keep having sex with there ex which is annoying, like move on already lol

• yes, that's what break up means

• yeah me!

• Yes.

Sometimes there is no need or want to say anything more after a break up.

• It usually depends if somenone was hurt or not. I dont have contact with most of my exes (we even tend to avoid each other), but one ex is still my friend (just friend) and we hang out all the time

• I broke up with a girl after a year and a half of dating, literally the last time I spoke to her for about 5 years. We talk now and are pretty open to each other.

• Yep, and most of the time it is better that way...

• yes it's happened to me too... so it's fine time will fix everything.. jus giv it time

• yes, this is normal. And try to move on.

• no, I've talked to my ex's, but, only because they needed something from me that only i could give them. i dont actively go out of my way to talk to them

What Girls Said 0