Have you ever broken up with an ex and literally never spoken to them after the break up?

My ex and I broke up 8 months ago after a 5 month relationship (my first serious one).
He said he didn't want a committed relationship and he couldn't be the boyfriend I wanted him to be.
I was so upset afterward that when he asked if we could be friends, I essentially said no. On top of that, I deleted him from all of my social media because initially, I didn't want to know what he was up to.

I don't hate him and it wasn't a nasty break up or anything , but we literally never spoke to each other again. It sometimes feels like it never happened. I think of him from time to time though and can't help but wonder if he ever thinks of me.
Is this normal? Does this usually happen to people? How do you deal with it?
20
0