Is it hard for you to not know what your ex is doing with his life? Now being strangers?

I don't follow my ex on any social media and we don't have any close mutual friends. So I'm just left to guess and wonder what he's up to. I miss him and it drives me crazy. So you think it would hurt me more if I saw all his stuff on social media? Or worse to sit and wonder what they are doing. I'm able to see if I want to but I choose not to because I feel like it would hurt. But maybe y the not knowing hurts worse... any thoughts?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't wonder at all, it's a part of my life that's come and gone. Seeing what he's doing busby going to help you any, you'll either think he's having way too much fun, or feel bad for him because he doesn't look like he's having fun or looks down.

Most Helpful Girl

• In case you were still seeing what he's up to on social media, what do you think would actually make you feel better? Do you think seeing him with another girl will make you feel happy for him? Do you think that seeing him doing just fine without you will give you a sense of closure?

• Part of me feels like if I see him with another girl, it will free me. Neither of us has "moved on" to another person so I think we are just kind of waiting for the other to make that first move. Then we both know it is completely over. its a crappy way to live

• yeah I know that feeling. Honestly though, even seeing him with another girl might bring you 'closure' but that in no way means it'll be an easy means to close the chapter on him because either way, he's still not going to be with you. in my opinion, you're better off just being the one to cut him out of your life. If he truly wants to reconnect with you and start things up, he'd perfectly capable of doing that which he hasn't done so.. he's not interested. Sounds like it's time for you to let go of any hope that he is.

What Guys Said 1

• I could care less what my ex's are up to as I only care about the one I am with...

What Girls Said 1

• It hurts either way, I don't follow my ex on anything but a friend of mine does so she will send me pictures he posts and I think it just makes things worse.

• Yeah it is, I feel like I make progress and start moving on just to have something like that thrown in my face to drag me back down again.

• Oh me too! I'll even have a day where he isn't on my mind and then bam I see something and it ruins my whole night. But I'm sure our exes feel the same way when they see or hear about us. I'm sure they are hurting too even if they show zero signs that they are. Just the other night my. Friend showed me a text that someone's sent her saying they saw my ex out with another girl. Why do people think we want to hear that stuff?