How do I say I really like you but can't be with you?

Me and this guy, we aren't official we have more of a friends with benefits status and we both really like each other but we live a couple hours apart and its hard to see each other. I feel like we could both do better and find better people for us that are closer. There are times when I wish he could be here with me but I know its not possible. How do I tell him to move on? I mean its going to hurt both of us but dragging on the relationship-like-thing we have is hurting more.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• What you just said in your question is what you need to say to him. Honesty is really the best solution, even if it hurts. It's how you say it. Because you care about him, it'll help you be less cold towards him when you do tell him. Just have confidence in yourself and know that you are doing the right thing and not being selfish about it either.

What Guys Said 1

• Say what you said in this question, "I really like you but I can't be with you" then explain. Don't be afraid of hurting him, just be upfront and finish it.

What Girls Said 1

• Say that I really like you but we cannot be together.

Then explain to him why. Hopefully he'll understand.

I know that it's going to hurt but you'll have to give it time.