Seeing your ex with their new boyfriend/girlfriend

Yesterday I ran into my ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend at the mall...I was meeting up with my friends and I passed by them. I didn't say anything and neither did he, but I'm sure he recognized me despite me having sunglasses on. My question is, did I do the right thing? What would you have done?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• as you didthe more one thinks about ex the more it would hurt

i'd suggest going neutral would the best stance possible(personally though)

What Guys Said 1

• Well breaking up with each other doesn't mean you guys are in bad terms with the other,passing by without even saying hi is so bad for me..i don't know for you

What Girls Said 2

• I think you did the right thing. I've always hated it when a guy's exgf would come up to us mainly because they were never civil or friendly. I've been out and seen my ex's (usually not with new people but out with friends or by themselves) and even if I was alone myself, the most I give is a friendly nod of the head or civil smile.

Usually an ex is an ex for a reason, and if you two aren't friends then it's totally fine to just see each other and not do anything. It's normal.

• I definitely think you did the right thing-If he's already up and gone with a new girl there's no need to sulk over or want to talk to him. Just sweep him off your shoulder and get a new guy(: