How do you forget someone you loved the most?

I was in a relationship with my ex for 3 years we both were not happy and finally we broke it off she still wanted to remain good friends but I thought it would be too difficult emotionally for both of us to meet. She was my best friend and I don't know how can I spend a day let alone 15 secs without being reminded of her. I feel like it's a curse coz deep down I still love her but I know that we can't be together.

Most Helpful Girl

• How low are the chances for you to never get back together?
    Because if she still loves you too, don't let it go and fight for your love.

However if there are 0 chances for it work, I think you should:
    - Tell her you want to have some space for a couple of months (keep a distance , it will hurt at first, but you can't simply "stay friends" immediately after a break up).

- Delete her , or hide /mute her on social media so you don't constantly get reminded of her.

- Focus on one of your life goals. For example you can start a new hobby like working out, running, basket ball etc...

- Socialize with other women (not date) just socialize and try to see. other people.

• We are too far apart and at first it was a plus point but she tried to control me and I didn't feel free when I was with her, a lot of things just changed in our last year of relationship. So no I don't think am ever getting back with her. I do hit the gym whenever I feel a bulk of emotion rising in my head and take out all my frustration in the gym. I meet my friends everyday. I somehow survive the day but its hardest at night, she was a major part of my life, she was my best friend and it's not the bad things that keep me awake its the memories that I fondly have of her that do.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to give it time, it will be tough. But you need to avoid contact, if you want to fully forget about it. And you won't forget about her completely, there will always be this thing that will remind of you of her, but with time you won't care and will see it just a part of your life.

What Girls Said 3

• Join the club. :( It's been 2 years since we broke up and 1 year since the last time we talked, and I still feel the same way you feel about your ex. I believe both me and my ex have to take the blame for some things (I started being jealous and controlling, and he couldn't communicate his feelings properly with me). I regret for the way acted few times. I don't love him anymore but I still care about his well being. He was a huge part of my life for 4 years and I honestly think I will never forget him. It just gets easier with time.

• I can't see your whole message it ends with "and I honestly think I..."

• Yes I kept track of him for almost a year after we broke up. I was checking his social profiles and stuff, I still had some his passwords and he knew that and didn't bother changing. I believe he kept track of me too. But I'm honestly glad that I stopped that, it was an addiction. The less you know about her the better, trust me. My ex and I also still have mutual friends and actually quite recently I asked one of our friend about him (like if he's okay, if he's mom's surgery went fine, if he still has the same job, etc.). But I didn't ask about his love life or if he ever asks about me. I was just glad that he's fine and healthy, that's all I needed to know.

• Yeah I guess it's the right thing to do, thank you

• there's a truth in this life that nothing is permanent, so leave it to time

• It must be really difficult 😔

• Yes it is, I lost my best friend

• I did too 💔

• How did you cope with it? Did you keep track of how the other is doing? I feel like I will feel better if I know she has moved on, I want her to be happy as a friend.

What Guys Said 5

• do not try to forget her. this doesmt work and you never get over her.
    you brain needs time now to sort your past with her. its a good thing if you think or dream about her. every time you think about her means that your brain is "deleting" some parts of her out of your brain. ok maybe they won't just disapear, but after a while you just have the useful "pictures" left and can think about them without any emotions anymore.

• focus on something work, school, hobby and slowly you'll forget and someone else will fill the spot

• Talk to other girls, hang out with your friends do something and tbh for me it's going to be hard for me to forget my crush that broke my heart and no we never been boyfriend and girlfriend i only see her once a week so yea and let say she did something really bad that she not suppose to do and it broke my heart so i almost did the same thing that she did but i stop myself from doing that because i was too sad and jealous and i never wanted to do that but i do feel like shit because after she did it and wanted to do the same thing to get revenge on her but thank god i'd stop myself from doing it and i regret it and now i know how she feels, she did it but i didn't i almost did it but i stop myself and right now i'm telling u the truth that jealously is a bitch

• it will take time a lot of time and hopefully great friends