We're on a break atm, what should I do? Should I wait for him?

So this guy I really like divorced with his wife after 10 years of marriage, last 2016. It was a bad separation because his ex cheated on him with another guy.
.
Then I met him last March. I really like him, and he said he really like me too, we have so many things in common. we hook ups couple times, And then we have the talk. I wanted to make it official but he isn't sure because he's really heartbroken from his last marriage. But in the end, we decided to give it a go.
.
Everything went awesome. We're really happy and constantly missing each other. But 2 months after that, somethings comes up and we have that talk again. He said that his heart is still not healed from the separation with his ex. He really like me and care about me but he's not capable of loving anyone at this moment. He doesn't want to hurt me any longer so he decided that we need to have a break. He said that he need at least few months to be single and heal his heart and when he's ready, he want to give our relationship another go. He didn't ask me to wait for him, if i ever found someone else, i need to pursue my own happiness.
.
The thing is, I'm not that easy to fall for someone. It's the first time i ever like someone this much, after my last breakup, 3 years ago.
.
We still contact with eachother, he always texts me every day and night, making sure to say good morning and good night.
.
On our break, he said that I'm the perfect girlfriend for him, and it's frustrates him because he cannot give what i deserve. He think that we're good for eachother, but he really need to heal his heart first before jump into serious relationship.
.
What should I do? I tried to get over him and see how it goes. Maybe couple months will pass and we'll be together again in no time, or maybe I'll find someone else, i don't know. What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like he just wants to spread the seed for a while before HD settles down again

• it crosses my mind. But he seems so genuine about it and he said that he's not looking for any relationship at the moment. i don't know :(

• ya he's probably sick of being in one and wants to be free for a while... if it's meant to be ye mite get together in the future but I wouldn't go waiting on someone who's not committed go out and enjoy yourself too

What Girls Said 0