No contact rule?

My boyfriend broke up with me a month ago, after 2+ years of being together. We had a very special relationship and he was the person I trusted the most on this world. Things got a bit messed towards the ending and he ended up saying the passion faded. He asked me to stay friends with him and I said yes because I thought that could be the way to get him back. Right now, i'm not so sure. He texts me every single day and we talk, but I feel awkward because I want him back and I don't know what to do. I was thinking about stop talking for a few days, because that would possibly give him space to miss me and it would give me space to process things a bit. i don't exactly understand why he continues to start conversations with me everyday but he goes hot and cold, depending on the times. He says he is fine though (I do too, despite the fact that i'm not). Will no contact help or backfire? What if he forgets about me and moves on for good?

53

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants to continue to have the benefits of a relationship without being with you. Why not ask why the fire faded? A man does not give up so easily with someone. He gets to the problem and works on a solution. Not continue to talk to you. Its best you stop contacting him and ignore his calls. It seems that he is the one in control of the relationship and is not taking into consideration your feelings and thats not right at all. Stop contacting him. I promise you, he will not forget about you. But by talking to him you are not gaining anything. He says he does not want a relationship. But by going through no contact you can make him miss what he had and may want to change. I would advice go cold turkey and ignore him. He broke up with out of the blue so go cold turkey out of the blue for a few months. You have to turn the tables.

What Guys Said 2

• No contact will help. He won't forget about you. Get out and fill your time with friends and new hobbies

• try it and see.

What Girls Said 4

• Girl, I have the same situation. Dated a guy for 5 months. All of a sudden he doesn't see a future with me or has time for me. He knows I still love him and of course he asked to be friends. I remember saying yes but knowing he's talking to girls knowing damn well how I feel is not fair for me. So one day I told him to fuck off and not to text me anymore. Guess what? I didn't contact him for 5 days until he sent me a text. Show him you're strong and don't need him (although deep down we both know we still want them)
    I mean, I didn't contact him and he ended up texting me, which indicates he was thinking about me.

• But do you want him back?

• I want him back if he acts right. Not if he continues to be the person he is right now.

• And do you feel like he wants you back, after texting you? Thank you so much for replying

• It won't hurt!

• There are lots of helpful videos on YouTube about the no content rule. I would recommend it. For better or for worse, it's a win win solution. I'm using it myself at the moment, started immediately after the break up, it's been 11 days now.