We broke up because he doesn't see a future with me yet when we see each other he tells me he loves me and cries?

Dated a guy for 5 months, our relationship started when everything was going to shit for him, fast forward to his life getting better and all of a sudden he doesn't see a future with me, he has no time for me and puts others first. But he still wanted to stay friends
I saw him last night, after I ignored him for 5 days, and when we hugged he started to cry. He kept apologizing and saying he loves me.
Yes, we had sex and while we were he took my phone to check if I was messing with someone else (which I'm not) when I told him he shouldn't do that he said "Idc who you're talking to but i wanna know if you're messing with someone else"
Anyways he'll ask stuff like "are you over me" "do you still want to be with me" and then he'll hug me and cuddle me and cry more (idk why he cries)
At the end of the night I asked him if he still wanted to be with me and he said "idk I have a lot to do and I know we won't always be good like we are right now" which I don't know if he meant it as no and just didn't want to "hurt" me by saying so.
When he left he hugged me, told me he loved and even kissed me. I'm just confused!
okay so maybe he's not ready for commitment but why say you love me and cry and still not want soemthing with me?
Not to mention he admitted last night to checking on my social media every day.
1
1