Is couples counseling only for couples?

My ex has suggested couples counseling several times now since a month after we broke up and it's now been 6 months and he still brings it up almost every time we talk. (We still talk because we have a month old son together). He says we should go to see if our problems can be worked out and we can be together again. But I think it's more for actual couples that are already together to work out their issues. What do you think?
I'm debating it only because we have a baby together and I do miss him... but he cheated on me and I kind of feel like the relationship is just over and it's too late.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• No. You can talk but only about the kid. Nothing else. he's an ex. Stop talking to him unless it concerns your son.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it doesn't matter if you're a couple or even married because you were a couple and has a child together. It would be good to go for the sake of the baby also maybe he needs help and wants you back, because you both have to get along and be a family for the baby also it would be best for the baby if his parents gave it a try to one day say you did try and serious relationships n family shouldn't just give up.

What Guys Said 3

• You are a couple because you have interactions and share a child. If you are willing, I strongly recommend you go.

• if you aren't interested in him anymore, for whatever reason, no amount of counseling will change that. only changes he makes or just if you happen to change to like him.

• are you or are you not a couple?

What Girls Said 1

• Dah... Obviously Or Would Be Called "Not Necessarily Couples Counseling"