How did you deal with your last break up?

What things did you do that helped you move on?

1212

Most Helpful Girl

• Realising that if he really wanted to be with me, he would stay. So why care about someone who does not love you? But yeah it is not always easy to think like that right after a break up. Usually I will just get busy, exercise and just pamper myself.

In my experience every break up gets easier, I am just learning that someone will make effort if they want to. Like the first time I was devastated and now I am like meh okay bye.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• My last break up was with a very cute and smexy Norwegian guy from an LDR. I don't want to do LDR's anymore until I move out of my parents house because since that, I have learned it's better to get into something that you don't have to be paranoid about.

But he was wonderful and so brave and strong, yet so sensitive and oh-so submissive. That was what attracted him to me in the firsts place was his enticing bratty-ness yet submissiveness. We barely got a month into the relationship, but he was really awesome I could tell in just that's short time.

We had to break up because my parents found out when they demanded to see my stuff and they banned me from using my device for a while. I have it back now which is what I'm writing on, but it was pretty crazy. Then he dared to tell my mom through text that she should allow me to have friends and talk to people and my mom flipped. But that is something I don't feel like discussing.

How did I move on? Well, there wasn't much to move on about. I could tell he was really awesome and I liked him, but I still have never truly stopped loving my first love so I had no problem moving on.

But to fill the emptiness and sadness of losing someone to call my own for a bit, I listened to music and remember the good times and watched movies and went for lots of walks. I also had no iPod so I couldn't do anything online. It was quite the detox in a way. Just a relaxing time to chill and not deal with electronics really.

I took that time to get a hobby and go outside more. Which I then realized I don't like going outside as much as I used to when I was a kid. Too much blood sucking bugs for my taste.

What ultimately helped me fill that void? Think about what I have done. Fully embrace it and think about everything. From my first love to him. And all the other LDRs. I still remember his name and his birthday (the month, anyways). I also took into account that we were never meant to be, even though he said things like "I love you" and "you're the best 🦁❤️". It also helped to know that he would easily get ove rme because he may have said he loved me, but he didn't truly and he would be able to experience true love one day with someone else more capable of loving him.

• We were off and on but when we finished, I was done.

I cried. And cried. And cried. Probably for about a week solid. I couldn't stop myself, I sat at work tears rolling down my cheeks. My eyes just wouldn't cooperate. And then... I just got angry. And now I hate him.

• K so I was the ripe old age of 15 and I ended things and then the next day I was over it. No emotional nursing required.

• I knew he wasn't good for me but sometimes that isn't enough. However, this could sound bad, but I never really liked him so that helped me move on pretty easily.

Since that last breakup, I stopped looking for rebounds which actually made it all better.

• Sleep, reading, good friends, time, crying, swimming, gardening, hikes and more crying then laughter.

• I was honestly pretty relieved after my last break up so for me, there wasn't really a lot to "deal" with. I had wanted to end it for a while prior to the actual break up so, I wasn't devastated or anything. I was sad for a couple of weeks or so, I spent a lot of time with my family and doing things I enjoyed, and then I just moved on.

• Their still looking for his body 😜😝😛😜

• Restraining orders!

• icecream, the company of my best friends and alcohol

• I moved on

• I left it to the time

What Guys Said 11

• I realized that small relationship that barely last anytime weren't worth the rest of my life hahhaa. I moved on! :D

• Alcohol, exercise, and the support of family and friends.

• lol yeah alcohol helped me too. as long as you don't get addicted it kinda helps

• I simply was honest about it: I was having a more meaningful relationship with anyone else.

• The night I broke up with her I talked it all through with a friend - by the end of the night I had no feeling of sadness or anything at all :)

• occupy upside with some work.. it's healthy. unless u know the side of the story of your exes, don't jump into conclusions

• I didn't 'deal' with it. She just ghosted me and I moved on.

• take a pledge not to talk to them at anycost

• Do maditation...

• I started hanging with friends who cheated me up

• Went to the gym twice a day for a year, read a bunch of books, banged my way across the county

• Never been in a relationship but I've been fucked over majorly by two women who used me on the rebound. To me that eventually felt like a break up, only in the sense that they were manipulative and when they seemed into me, it was intense.

Anyways I'm still not slightly over the last girl who rebounded me but generally friends and family, as well as music, weed, and drinking.

• that sucks. yes, it's important to make sure the people we date are over their exes. otherwise they end up using us

• Yeah and not only that but next thing you know you find yourself on the rebound.