Please I need a lot of help. What would you respond to this text with?

My ex and I broke up months ago, in that time I have made a lot of postitive changes in my life both physically and mentally. I realised my own mistakes, but I also learned new things and became more mature. I learned that I don't need someone to be happy so instead of begging I began defending myself. So my ex completely cut off contact with me when we broke up and things happened and we spoke and had a conversation which he ended by saying' I'll talk to you some other time' when we had a conversation and I kept thinking about how much he hurt me then a few weeks later I was tired of being played with so I sent him this massive text saying make a decision if you want to be a part of my life/friends and he said ' In the future not anytime soon, you stress me out and cause shit in my life'
I don't understand because what's the difference between soon or in the future? It just prolongs my suffering... so I stopped contacting him and now I want to initate it by saying hey can we talk but I'm afraid he may not answer after our last texts
3
2