Breakup for no reason?

my girlfriend and I had been together for almost two years but she broke up with me a few days ago for no specific reason... I tried to find the reason for the breakup.. I think she was depressed on that day. what should I do?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• If she hasn't contacted you in days, then I think she meant it, and it wasn't just from depression. If it was just a depression-related reaction, then she would have come back to you by now to talk things out. It's possible she isn't the type to verbalize the reasons she left. I know I definitely do. When I left my ex, I was clear as hell why. Still was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I did tell him. If you want to, you could just text her and say something like, "Hi [her name]. I've been thinking a lot about you these past few days and I realize that I must have hurt you or been neglectful of you in some way and I am so sorry. I would love to talk things out with you if you want to talk. I think just want some closure if things are really over between us."

• the last text from her was "I don't want to lose you as a friend". I tried to text her yesterday but she hasn't responded yet

• Anytime!!

• I would text her again and say that you have no bad feelings toward her and that you would like to be friends but that you understand that she may need space for a while and that you can respect that.

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex did the same thing with me, my best advice would be stay away, you did your bit, you contacted her. Now if she decides not to come back then move on man. But dont sit and stay in grief forever. Dont do the mistake i did

• I am trying to get over it

• Bro dont cry, things like this will happen a lot in your life.. you need to be strong, i know everyone says this but it does get better with time. My ex left me 2 months ago and now im happier as ever. Just delete every single thing about her and remove her or block her.

• okay I will just wait for a few more days and then move on

What Girls Said 2

• Talk to her and then you'll know why she broke up with you and if she doesn't tell you, try and move on

• I tried to text her but she hasn't responded yet

• Go to her house and if that doesn't work, don't do anything about it anymore and move on

• ask her

• I was already shattered into pieces.. she just told me that she didn't want to lose me as a friend... I tried to text her yesterday but she hasn't responded yet

• you need to talk I swear, you have to meet and discuss this, you've been in a relationship for 2 years it's not such easy thing to say she brokeup for friendship issues you're 18yo so you're matured

• yeah I will try to talk to her

What Guys Said 3

• Having to wait is horrible position to be in.. and even worse it's hard to understand why they just quit

• Call her obv

• Stay calm dude the worlds not ending... just give it a day or so she'll come back