Simple Question. Does he like me back?

So classic story- there's this guy I've liked for a while and, lucky me, we soon became "Best Friends". When my friend found out, she soon started liking him, also. I was so mad I told someone to tell him. A couple days later he found out I liked him as well. He wanted to pick one of us I guess and long story short he hates/is afraid of her now, and we became better friends. Everyone knows I like him and everyday ask "are you two going out, yet?" whenever we would hang out and he usually ignored them and I'd say no. He hugs me a lot and every once in a while put his arm around me. People would often tell him to ask me out and he ignored them. Just recently my friend (the one who liked him) asked him to ask me out and he said "No, we're best friends." hmm...does he like me back, or are we always gonna be "just friends"

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Two things.

He might just actually wanna be friends. I don't see why, your a pretty girl. It could be he's just shy. You can try and talk to him 1 on 1 and see if you can't figure anything out.

He could also just be trying to set up a friends with benefits situation. Its sorta unlikely but you might wanna watch out. Make sure your dating before any "fun stuff" starts. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Hmmm. Your best answer must come from him. Tell him you like him and would like to be more than friends. Then ask him if he really likes you and you can judge from his response. But don't seem pushy or a bad guy may take advantage of you. Cheers.

What Girls Said 1

• this same situation happened to me. There is a possibility that he may like you but there is a bigger possibility that he values your friendship and knows that if things didn't work out between the two of you, then he would lose his best friend and he doesn't think that's worth it. He probably thinks you're girlfriend material but doesn't want to risk it on a teenage relationship. Maybe he will take things to the next level when you two are older and are more mature...but for now it's just in the friend zone. He may think about it when he's not with you but he knows that he wouldn't want to lose you as a best friend and therefore responds with "no, we're best friends" when people bring you up.