Did I deny him of a second date for the wrong reasons?

This is really long so if you stick through, thanks. I really appreciate it. This guy I met a few years ago recently messaged me on social media. We talked for like a week everyday all day and a few days in he asked me for a date and I said yes. Fast forward to the end of the week, we had our date. We went to lunch and a movie. It wasn't as awkward as I had imagined. Our conversation was good and a lot of our morals matched up. He kind of asked me if I wanted to do something else or bail if the date is going bad, and I said sure. So we decided to go to the movies. At the movies I started to get really awkward and I just felt uncomfortable. About half through the movie, we finally held hands. It was a little awkward but I didn't hate it, it was kind of sweet. Anyway after the movie we hugged and he said we'll do something again. And I kind of just nooded and smiled. I honestly thought he is a great guy and he seemed like total marriage material. he's so smart and has his shit together.. But, I didn't feel very sexually attracted to him. I mean I did, but I felt that I would never have sex with him. And I feel like a terrible, superficial person for feeling like that. So he later that same day texted me and asked if I wanted to go on second date but would understand if I didn't. So I rejected him in a polite way. And wished him well. The problem is that I now wish I didn't reject him and would've given him another chance to see it any attraction would build.. I just didn't feel right after leaving the date. Like not how I should feel after a date. Like my mind is telling me he's great and I won't find another guy like him but my emotions are saying you know it wouldn't work out because of the attraction. I also feel like I'm not good enough for him, I felt intimidated. Did I do the right thing? If I didn't, is there a way I could go back and unreject him? Or did I burn the bridge too bad? Or completely? I know this was very long, so thanks if you stuck through. yes

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you did the right thing, i mean obviously if you have date with him again and again you'll find him attractive at some point, but what if you won't

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it was a real good reason in the first place, but if for you is a legitimate concern, why don't you explain it? :) Trying again without some explanation woukd make him feel played/insecure. do I on clear basis

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you marry someone you couldn't see having sex with? I date with purpose of marrying and I plan on waiting

• Honestly? I'm 18 and sex doesn't interest me most days and has me quite repulsed at the idea on others. It's something I plan on experiencing sooner or later, but even if i'll discover I like it, I don't think it'll ever hold that much importance for me.
      So yes, if I felt it was love and he was the right guy I would.
      But I understand I'm a particular case. I say, talk to him, tell him "I like you, but I'm not attracted to you at present. Can we give it some months, see if something sparks?"

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• don't go to him right away.. wait a little and tell him you thought it out and told would like a second chance

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop thinking with your vagina and ask him on a date!

0|0
    0|0
    • We just went on one and then I rejected him

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;