How to get my ex back?

So...We broke up. I was basically his rebound girl, but didn't quiet realize it till now. When he broke up with me, he said he hurt from his ex and he still misses her. He said he was doing me a favor by broking with me. One of my friends asked him about it and he said "I love her, and that's why I'm doing this". But I still want him back. How can I get him? Ignore him? Give him time?

Just a few weeks ago we were as happy as can be. And I know he didn't break up with me because I was clingy, cause he told me to be more clingy. And I know he wouldn't go back to his ex.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but he was humouring you and your friend. It's the classic "it's not you, it's me" excuse. There's nothing you can do to get him back.

• But why would he be serious in the beginning with me. This guy seriously followed me around in the beginning. And he was REAALLLYYYY clingy.

• Like he told you, you were his rebound girl. He needed to fill the void in his life left by his ex. After he got over that phase he dropped you because he's not that interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• Try and make him jealous, find someone else, then keep in contact with him. Or maybe he is an ex for a reason and break all contact and move on...

What Girls Said 3

• Don't make him jealous. Just does what he want. He wanted to do you a "favor by breaking" up with u? Okay, then give him that. Don't talk to him. Cut lose, he will start to wonder. If you were really his rebound girl, then probably he really did love/like you but then he felt that it wasn't fair for you. Give him some time, cut lose. When he recovers and if then he realizes you are what he misses, then he'll come back to you. No worries.

• dont even try to get him back... what ever is meant to be will be. Learn from it and be the best person you can during this time. You'll only keep growing and maturing while he stays lost and confused.

• Give him time, because it he still has feelings for is ex there is no telling what could have happed if he did not brake up with you.Not only was he honest he is still hurting so it will affect him for awhile.but what you need to do is try and be there for him don't ignore him because that will make things worst for you and him and that will give him a another reason to be sad more.