How to stop being sad over my ex?

It's been 6 weeks. And I still think about him. Less, but still almost all the time. And it makes me sad because I miss him, and I still love him.

I go out. I keep busy. I work, have friends. I date. I've gone on many, many dates since we broke up. I have a rich, fun social life.

It just feels like nobody compares to him :( how do I make this feeling go away.. because it is killing me :(?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's still a Fresh Break Up, Here, dear, but no Fear... As time goes by and even though no you may Cry, the War Wounds will Heal a little Easier as Each day that passes.
    I was Once in your own shoes with My First Love. No matter who I had Dated and Mated, no one, hun, Could ever Compare to my Dan the Man.
    However, when we Both Became 21, 7 Years later, we happened by Fate, to just go on a Date, and this is When, my Friend, I found my Final Closure. I didn't Feel for Him anymore, I had changed and so had Both of Our Lives that we both were Leading.
    Good Luck. xx

What Guys Said 16

• Things will get better over time. It's not easy just cutting someone important out of your life. Over time you start to think about them less and less. I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Going out, working on hbbies, having fun with friends, and going to work. Keep trying new and cool things and creating happy memories without him and things will get better.

Break ups aren't always easy but things get easier with time.

• I say always stay active and it's good to have a preference for when you date but try not to put people who you date on a scale to your ex. It could also be that you justhave to live with those feelings. What you do about those feelings is learn how to adapt with them. Keep doing what you're doing and those feelings with have less weight to them as continue to flourish in your life.

• I don't really know myself :S
    Just keep waiting I guess. I wouldn't really date. I don't think that's a good idea. You should like have time to go through all the crap and then date when you're ready. That's what I think is good but maybe you see it differently. I'd jut focus on your freinds and your goals and hobbies and just wait and hope it goes bye.

• I would say right now is the time to go out and explore find your self get to know your self.. that's the most important thing you can do.. and realize that your happiness can only be shared with some one not given to anyone, no one will do a better job at keeping you happy than you.. I been going threw a break up my self.. highschool sweetheart, bestfriend, 10yr relationship.. but I learned so much had so much experiences made so many friends that I wouldn't have if i was with her.. not that she was a bad person

• Ahhh that's really sad, how you feel for him a lot. Your a sweet girl thinking like that. it seems that you are not thinking of him as your ex but as the person he his. that makes me feel really sad for him. So love does still exist. You are a beautiful person. And you have strong feelings. If it were me i would get back with him. But i am a man. But yes, get back with him.

• It sounds like you're romanticizing your memories too much. Try keeping in mind that he's an ex for a reason, and what those reasons are. But don't dwell on it. Otherwise, you're doing all the things I would have suggested. Time is the only healer with such things. Someday, you're going to run into someone who will make you forget all about your ex.

• It takes time. That is the unfortunate part, it takes time. 6 weeks is time, but it takes longer and depend on the relationship it can take a whole lot longer a year or more in some cases. It will be there, you will think about it in the back of your mind first thing when you wake up, last thing before you sleep, until it isn't. Then sun goes up and sets, the world will keep going. Time is what you need. Just give yourself time.

• You're letting the emotion control your thoughts. And sticking with the hopes and dreams you had instead of realizing you likely dodged a huge bullet. There's a reason it didn't work out.

• Sorry about your break up, but it is a part and parcel of life. You need to MOVE ON, and engage yourself in interesting activities or hobbies. If you think your relationship was worth a second chance, go for it, but proceed with caution. Whatever happens, don't give up on life and please look at all the good things happening in your life

• consider taking him back?

• Time do heal all wounds

• Just move on.

• I don't know.

• it's sad to say but the fastest way to get over anyone is to replace them with a new friend

• You ever drink some hard Whiskey? Always helps

• I was hunting in a jungle and a girl shot my balls thinking they were berries... and this has nothing to do with ur question !

What Girls Said 3

• Feelings don't go away but they do fade, if you loved someone
    Time is a healer, in time feelings will fade and occasionally you will get pangs of feelings but it be so fleeting your thoughts be on something else... stop dating about it's meaningless as by now it should be obvious,
    It's to soon to date when your heart is elsewhere... start by goin out with your friends- female friends on girly nights out nights in and talk trust me that will help u a lot more than goin on dates with other boys who will think their luck is in... keep busy write your feelings down in a diary and keep writing in it until you get bored writin about him and thinking about him etc... in time within few months it will be easier

• I am going through this also. You see, the thing is you are doing entirely the right thing. My only issue is I see my ex every day at school and he was my bff so all my friends hate me. But I'll get through that. Just cut him off altogether and wait for the pain to subside. Also I know they say dating is the fastest way to get over somebody, but I've gone after like 4 different dudes in the 8 weeks since my break up so my advice is don't date yet. Focus on advancing in your career as an independent woman and then when you feel like there's a guy who IS as good as the ex or even BETTER than you are either fully moved on or will be if you get with this guy.

• You still need time to heal. It's still so fresh. I'm newly single too, I was heartbroken. It's been 5 month and only just recently have I felt ready to date again. It takes time. I find sometimes it's better talking to guys as a distraction but not dating until you feel ready.