How to deal with this situation? It's really important to me?

Okay so my boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago, I was devastated as he was my bestfriend for years prior and we had a more meaningful relationship that I didn't want to throw away, a lot happened in between, I kept trying with him but nothing but bitterness from him and words were said. But none the less I wasn't only kind and civil with him. He had hurt me a lot throughout I decided to leave it focus on myself and change my self for the better. I realised I had made a lot of mistakes also in this relationship so I recently initiated contact after not contacting him for a month, as I wanted our friendship and I apologised for my behaviour and he was convinced that I was going to start acting like I did before and I explained to him no, and he actually agreed to be friends however I'm struggling as he is being very short in his messages, and it's making it difficult for me to show him I've changed, just one worded answers. I feel like i have to be patient otherwise he'll just think I'm still the same but it's slightly frustrating when I'm trying to keep up a conversation and don't get anything back. What is the best way to come around this?
3
0