Does sadness from a past relationship ever randomly effect you?

Basically me and my ex boyfriend broke up two years ago now (almost) he has a new girlfriend now and I have a new guy. The break up ended sadly and we have had no contact since. However lately I have seen him twice on the street within the past week! (He's not seen me) and ever since I have not been able to stop thinking about him and the times we had. I even actually have been crying over it when I'm alone. Wtf? I thought I was over this. I haven't felt like this since we broke up which was like I said almost two years ago now.
What does this mean?
Does anyone else get like this over exs? (Random sadness)
Feel really shitty not to mention guilty and annoyed with myself.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• you're just reexperiencing your feelings you had back then, no big deal. try to give it it's place and definitely do not overthink anything. it's natural to miss him. try to focus your attention on your current relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, I have experienced what it sounds like you're talking about. Much more in the year or two following the end of my previous relationship, after he cheated on me. Thankfully, I barely ever get these random moments of sadness now, six years later. I might still get reminders of how things were with him but in a much more reflective light. So either being happy that my current boyfriend does NOT do what my ex would've done in similar situations, or simply not behaving in a certain way myself because it didn't produce favorable results with my ex.

What Guys Said 3

• Not until you fuckin mentioned it.

• not really lol

• you feel for him simple whtevr was the reason for breakup but u luved him thts y you cry

What Girls Said 1

• Not anymore