Is he really in love with his new girlfriend or is she just a rebound?

Ok me and my ex were together for 3 years off and on. He's is a very toxic type. He hangs out with the wrong type of people... Drugs.. drinks.. party... every weekend. I treated him the best way i could. He would break up with me and then come running back crying and begging me to forgive him.. Now i know that he loved me but i know that he was out of his own self control due to his life style. I eventually got stronger 5 months ago and really put my foot down and said that i dont want him.. 2 1/2 months ago he came to me at where i live and cryied and begged to live with me and that he will change.. I said no.. And the same night he found out that i have been talking to somebody new.. Just talking.. Nothing more.. And a week after that he has a new girlfriend and told me to never talk to him again and to leave him alone and that he doesn't love me.. As soon as i found out i started no contact and now going on no contact for 2 months. And i blocked him from everything. It broke my heart.. I still hurt a little over it. i was wondering.. Did he get a new girlfriend because i hurt him and that is his way of dealing with us breaking up? does he still think about me and regret? My mom says that i allowed him to see the true him and he doesn't like it so he found somebody to distract himself with. Also the past 2 weeks I've been getting weird messages from people that are friends of his and they are asking me weird questions like about if im single and that they thought i was with somebody.. and just left the conversation at that.. With no flirting and kinda just only asked that... His half brother which i never spoke with or anything and that lives in another country called me out of the blue last week from facebook... I hurried and blocked it.. Could that be my ex trying to get a scoop on what i got going on? Just kind of wondering if he will every feel sorry for letting me go after all that I've been through with him and stayed by his side for so long?
1
0