Girls, What does going no contact actually do to the "dumper"? Especially if not responding to their text?

I've always heard of the no contact rule as a way for someone dumped to get over a breakup and also as a way for them to possibly get the person back. I went through a breakup about 3 weeks ago. she did it over text, which hurt. i still love her though, and I tried to save things even though I knew it was pointless. Eventually it reached a point I knew I needed to end the conversation, that I'd get nowhere, and so I just didn't respond to her last text, my normal self would have, even if it would have been saying goodbye or something. I wanted to, but didn't let myself. I've continued to not send her a single text, we live in different towns so she has no clue what is going on in my life.

I've been doing what I can to move on, even contacted another ex and had her over for dinner, and talking to other women. I'm trying to stay open to all possibilities, but I'm staying out of touch with her until I know I can deal with seeing her.

this got me to wondering what she may be thinking and feeling. I know she cared very much for me, her youngest daughter loved me, always wanting me around. So in that case I wonder what it does the person that dumped the other
+1 y
The whole point of this question is not about getting advice about moving on and forgetting her. It is about exactly what was asked
2