Could you really stay broken up with someone you supposedly love? if you knew it wasn't going to work out?

I used to believe my ex when he said he loved me but he knows it just isn't going to work. We aren't compatible. It's true we aren't. We are different and he can't give me the love I need. Doesn't mean he's wrong and I'm right just means I'll never be happy with the way he is in a relationship. THats why we broke up. But after months of no contact I feel like if he really truly loved me he wouldn't be able to go on without at least talking to me. I tried to re connect but he's says he misses me and will always care but what's the point of trying again. It makes me feel like he really doesn't love me because if he did, love would make him come back. Is it really possible to love someone but stay away because you know it won't work?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes there are just other things that make the whole thing unworkable. Then there's no other choice

Most Helpful Girl

• i really dont think so. if you loved someone truly you wiill at least want to keep in touch. not in the starting month or two after the breakup but after that i honestly think they would come back or at least talk. if it was true love ofcourse. even though if you hurt him a lot he will some point in the next one or two months at least feel like he wants to get back or at least talk. if it was ever love he felt towards you.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah. It wouldn't be pleasant but I could do it

• no just go away from him because it will be more beneficial for u and him and both can start new life

• depends on the persons will power

What Girls Said 1

• He's being realistic. He can't give you the love you want to and is giving you space to find that love. Same goes with my ex he wanted a love I couldn't give to him, not because I didn't love him at that time because I did, I was crazy in love the, but the 99% I was giving wasn't matching the 100% he required from a girlfriend. We broke up, are "friends" and although I know I gave my best I won't try ever again because I know what I have to offer is not something he will fully accept.