Please help, what does this text mean?

Please help, what does this text mean?

My ex and I started talking again after having months of space, as we were bestfriends before and i didn't want to lose our friendship, he broke up with me and was actually very cold. But I didn't give up on him so during our space I managed to reflect on our relationship and change things about myself in a positive way and most importantly I apologised to him. Everyone told me not to as it was him who hurt me etc but I wanted to be the bigger person and take responsibility for my own part to play. Anyways for the first time yesterday we had a really fun conversation just like normal when we were bestfriends, but he didn't message me afterwards and ignored my last text, so I asked this morning what's up and he told me that this isn't a thing, and that texting now and again is good enough for him not an everyday thing. We used to talk all day everyday. I was confused as we were getting along really well yesterday and this was his response. Now I feel like he won't ever talk to me like before and that hurts. What should I do? Should I be patient? How should I approach the situation

43

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't want to give it a second chance

• I'm not looking to get back together with him tho

• He is afraid of catching feelings then

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he'd rather not get attached or be in the same mindset, if he really wanted to be with you it'd be easier communication and no interruption, maybe there's nothing for him to talk about that's why he'd rather not talk all day.. guys don't have all time of day or patience unless you're together getting shit done side by side.. being patient isn't gonna bring him back, but if you're going back to this guy who hurt you, are you sure you really want that person to be a part of your life again

• Nobody is trying to be together... I'm not looking to be in a relationship with him again, just our friendship back as he was my bestfriend. Yeah I am sure because we have gone through a lot of shit to get here and we are finally communicating well and being civil, although when he said that, it was rude and I didn't understand it..

What Guys Said 2

• really that's like you're the psycho

• I used to be... but that was the old me

• well it sounds like he doesn't want your friendship at this time the best thing you can do is let it go for now

• if you have really change that look people will see it and he will know about it

• He thinks you psyhopath and wants to break ties

• There's nothing to broken? We haven't spoken in months and he wanted to try again and he made his decision so I don't think he wants to break anything

What Girls Said 3

• he doesn't like you, he doesn't want to talk to you, and he's probably just using you as a backup. i know you think that ending things is giving up, but its not- he's manipulating you, and even if he doesn't harm you physically, he is mentally so you need to protect your self and leave

• It's hard to explain cause me and him have literally gone through a lot and believe me I knew when he didn't like me and things are very different right now. I can tell by his approach. I let him know what was up and let him make his own decision

• He's rude. I would show him the cold shoulder and move on. Y'all will not work with whatever happened. Don't miss out on someone else trying with them impossible

• Yeah he is but I don't understand.. Nobody is missing out anything, I'm not tryna be in a relationship with him again. Just our friendship

• I don't know what to do😞 He was so so mean and told me how everything is my fault and that I'm a liar and nothing has changed, I have only been nice and respectful to him and he just humiliated me for no reason

• Someone like that is shifting blame because 99% relationships both parties can take blame so he's just being an ass. You deserve better. If you have corrected thoughts that's awesome and if you can't take responsibility for his part then he's just a bullshit child

• sorry to say but he sounds like a very cold and rude guy. the wording he used is just offensive. calling you a psycho. he thinks of hinself as he is too good for you. I felt bad after reqding this message. move on you have your self respect. I am going theough sone things my boyfriend broke up with me it was both our faults but mostly his because he always gives up too easy. but if he acts like this to me ever I will insult him and never talk to him again. move on please

• it depends did you do anything that made him think that you are a psycho. like why did he break up with you in the first place

• I lied a year ago. We were together since then and then he cheated. We were still together and then he broke up with me, I gave him all the space and time he needed so I doubt that will make a difference

• its just my opinion because in my personal experience when guys are pussed off they dont want to hear a word we say thus resulting in the disrespectful behaviour. but if you already gave him space then maybe you should leave it be. if its meant to be it'll happeb