Please help, what does this text mean?

My ex and I started talking again after having months of space, as we were bestfriends before and i didn't want to lose our friendship, he broke up with me and was actually very cold. But I didn't give up on him so during our space I managed to reflect on our relationship and change things about myself in a positive way and most importantly I apologised to him. Everyone told me not to as it was him who hurt me etc but I wanted to be the bigger person and take responsibility for my own part to play. Anyways for the first time yesterday we had a really fun conversation just like normal when we were bestfriends, but he didn't message me afterwards and ignored my last text, so I asked this morning what's up and he told me that this isn't a thing, and that texting now and again is good enough for him not an everyday thing. We used to talk all day everyday. I was confused as we were getting along really well yesterday and this was his response. Now I feel like he won't ever talk to me like before and that hurts. What should I do? Should I be patient? How should I approach the situation
Add Opinion