It's complicated?

My boyfriend's friend is getting married this sat. I know about it from other people telling me and there is going to be huge bash after. My boyfriend doesn't invite to any of his friends gatherings. He usually just goes himself or not at all. I invite him to any of mine but he refuses to go. Once we went to the bar together and there were sum of his friends there and we hung out. We have been together for a year and a half and I am started to feel like I am not important enough to him. Like he is ashamed to take me gatherings, I don't know. and also he doesn't take me to his family gatherings as well. My family isn't here but his family is. Do you think I should break up with him? Perhaps all this time I was kidding myself that he loves me

23

Most Helpful Girl

• He definitely is not legitimizing your relationship. He really does not sound like he sees himself in a relationship. I would be very saddened to find out a boyfriend of mine did not invite me to any of his friends gathering, particularly a wedding, and that he would not go to any of my friends gatherings either. Add in that he isn't taking you to any family events and that is pretty much awful.

I would have a talk with him and let him know how you feel. I would be prepared for him to tell you what you are feeling isn't valid or to show you why he does not want to change. But, if you are lucky, he will simply accept your feelings and make a change. If he doesn't, I would end it with him. It would be a double whammy that he is not including you in his life and also not interested in your feelings.

One classic line a guy like this will give is telling you that it isn't that important and he doesn't understand why you are making a big thing out of it. In that case, I put it right back on them to say if it is no big deal then why won't you just make the change? Good luck.

• Actually it has been brought up b4 and he said why I was making a big deal? Why does everyone need to know about our life? I dropped it after that but I feel bad and sumtimes jealous thinking he wants to get with sum else or has sum1 else. He helps me pay bills and hangs and plays with the kids comes on there birthdays. Its seems like he cares and its deceiving the other side of him.He tells me loves me. I am at a point that its not enough- he needs to decide.

• Well, there you have it. The classic "Why are you making a big deal out of it." Again, if it was no big deal, he would step up. No way would I stay with a guy who was treating me that way. I want a guy to be proud of me, not embarrassed. Trust me, a guy who thinks you are amazing cannot wait to show you off to his friends and family. You two have been together long enough that he should be involving you in his life.

What Guys Said 3

• give it some more time...try doing this... except of going to family gathering, weddings/ or anything like that go to somewhere where you two could be together...once his used to going on dates he would probably go to some freinds gathering and stuff...BUT if it doesn't work and he did go on dates with u...just doesn't like freind gathering...think of it this way...he likes spending time with you and only u. but da family thing is pretty important...idk that part.

• tell him you go with him or your done with him...this is kinda unacceptable behavior

• If he hasn't introduced you to family and friends that's not a good sign. But their could be other reasons he might have issues with family or friends who knows what has happened in the past. Talk to him about it if it bothers you...

What Girls Said 1

• I will admit his behavior is a little strange. It almost does sound like he's hiding you or doesn't want anyone to know you are a couple. If it has been a year and you have not met his family, that is a very bad sign. He enjoys your company to a certain extent - but do not be surprised if he is dating others or doesn't know how to break up with you without hurting you. I would just ask him. Say.. "What's going on? You don't seem as into me as you used to be and I have never met your family - nor will you come to any parties that my friends have." You deserve an explanation. If you don't like what you hear or his behavior does not change pretty quick - I would suggest breaking it off and look for a guy who is proud to show you off. Period.

Good luck, Sweetie.