How to move on from a heartbreak?

He was the first guy I had genuine feelings for and he managed to hurt them in a split second. The worst part is that I can't blame him for anything, he was and still is so nice and perfect in every way for me. He just didn't feel me anymore. It's been 2 months and we still talk, but just as friends. It's killing me. What do you think I should do to just move on from this?

176

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear you went through this experience. I understand that it's not easy, but it does get better. I think the best thing to do right now is to give yourself some space from him. Spend more time with friends and family, pick up a new hobby, or trying out something new. I say this because, to me, being with an ex after a break just reminds me of them and what we used to have. That makes it harder for me to move on, so I think spending some time apart would be good for you. I'm not saying you should stop being friends with him, just take some time for yourself to get collected and eventually move on. I do hope this helps and I wish you all the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar situation and what helped me was to have a honest talk with him about my feelings and we stopped seeing and talking w/ each other for a while until I felt better. If you're still friend he probably cares for you that way, so he'll understand the situation and give you the space you need. It's necessary (imo) to stop everything with him at least for a while in order for you to heal. In my case, after that hiatus in our friendship, I talked to him again and it was actually way better and our friendship got stronger and I got over it completely. Hope things work out for you, I know the pain you're going through must feel unbearable and like you're hopeless but always expressing your feelings helps a lot.

What Guys Said 5

• It'll take time, but you'll get over it.

Then will come the time he starts seeing someone else and you just might be hurt by that. Happened to me and everyone else, bug life goes on.

If you hold onto this hurt, you'll ever be able to move on in a healthy direction.

Just do you. Live your life.

• Find a hobby, prefferably a sport (because those give you huge morale and condidence boosts) and let it flood your mind. Obsess over it. Thats how i deal with breakups.

• Believe me I tried everything. From trying a new sport to hanging out more often with my friends. And it works for a couple of hours but when I get home and I'm all by myself it just hits me and I can't take it

• Hahahah ok. I don't want kids anyway so no big problem ๐Ÿ˜‚ Try the second suggestion. In the worst case, you will at least regain some confidence and maybe even a bit of a morale boost :D

• Thank you. And, um, take care of your balls sir

• It sounds like talking to him is only making it worse stop talking to him at least until you're better

• Cut ties with him now. And give it as much time as you need to heal your broken heart.

What Girls Said 16

• Girl don't worry you are still young, you will find someone else, and if he really likes you he will fight for you. Don't suffer for a guy who doesn't appreciate you. Know your value, you will find other guys. Be free and enjoy being a teenager.

Take it from me. I was in your same situation, I had my first date ever, and the first crush who clearly felt the same way, it was all fun and hearts but then it stopped and now we don't talk I was like oh man I will NEVER find another guy who actually is interested in me!:( guess what? just a few months later I got another guy EVEN more interested! hahahah

Just don't stress about it:)

• I know I'll find another guy, but it won't be like him, and that kills me

• How do you know? What was so special about him? I am genuinely asking. This guy also had a loot in common with me, and it did hurt. But how is your situation with him?

• I loved his sense of humor and his sarcastic jokes, we were on the same page with almost everything, and we managed to laugh even about the things we didn't like about each other. He is smart and I like his mindset and the way he makes me feel. Ughh I feel like crying now๐Ÿ˜‚

• Honestly, time and choosing to let go and actively reminding yourself that he really isn't the one and that you'll find better. Because you will. I've been through it... trust me. And one day you'll look back and realize that with so much clarity.

• Yes. Move in by getting busy with things, school, sports, hobbies, friends, the gym. Whatever you can do to fill your mind up. So there's no room in it to think about him.

• I know I'm only thirteen but I'll try to help. What you're feeling is great emotional pain, Your heart is broken and you don't see any resolution. It does sound a bit like you're beating up on yourself. The pain of losing him has led you to believe it's your fault. With so little info it's hard to say what to do. If he's still nice to you do you think it will do any good to tell him how hurt you are? Maybe there IS hope. But you have to tell him everything about the way you feel and that comes with the risk of being hurt further. Please let me know how it turns out. I'll be pulling for you.

• Cut all contact and block him so you have no way in talking again. You can't heal until you cut ties.

• it'll take time. it's been 8 months for me, and i still think about my ex a lot. try watching motivational talks on ted talks. it really helps distract, and empower you.

• Nothing in life is easy. It might take months before you get over him but you will be fine. Im in the same situation as you and im having a hard time as well. you have to avoid him and remove him from your social media. when you least expect it all this will be a horrible dream

• We're in the same boat, only the guy I'm sure is my soul mate packed his things and left our house yesterday. My heart is in pieces too. Everyone says the best thing to do is to keep busy, occupied and try to stay positive. I hope you find peace, no one deserves to feel like this. Good luck, you sound lovely too so I'm sure it's his loss too x

• Stop talking to him.

• Work, work, work, work on something it makes you happy.

• STOP TALKING TO HIM!

• focuse on something else..

• Try to avoid overthinking it. If he's still friends with you, then he obviously still cares but not in the way that you want. List the reasons why you're glad this happened and try to focus on other areas in your life.

• there are many funny guys around our age that can make laugh... but many of them aren't able to deal with people when they offend them, because these guus are never serious...
    he's nothing special, sorry to say... still have to find the special guy, good luck โ—

• block him just cut all types of contact with him because you won't be able to stay just friends it'll be too hard and if you keep in touch you're gonna wanna be more than friends and it'll make it harder for you to move on

• Don't cry