How can you tell when a guy is cheating?

So the other day my friend and her boyfriend and I was hanging out...My friend had her boyfriends phone and this girl texted him and was like hey...I had a blast! Can't wait to do it again! She just pretended she didn't see it, because it was suppose to be a special and fun night. So after the night was over she called me and told me what was going on...She asked me if he could be cheating on her...I said idk? Ask him. She is to afraid to ask because she loves him a lot and doesn't want to get hurt. So the question is do you think he could be cheating? What are the signs that a guy is cheating?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• If you suspect your guy is cheating, he's probably cheating. Yes, there are some psycho crazy girls who are jealous and accuse a guy falsely, but frankly I haven't met too many of them. I have met gals who see so many signs and are in denial.

If your guy is making calls, texts, or e-mails to other girls, he's probably cheating or at least keeping his options open. If he is not telling other girls he has a girlfriend now and cannot talk to them, he's probably cheating or at least keeping his options open. If he has a lot of unexplained absences mixed into this, he's probably cheating. If you are finding jewelry, girl's clothing, perfume smells, lipstick stains on him or his person, he is cheating.

If my boyfriend or husband had a message on his phone from a girl that said what that message said, I would definitely believe something was up. I know no man I have been with would ever accept me getting a message like that from a guy. I would expect to catch hell.

Oh, and I see Szexee's question about a guy erasing every girl's number. You know what, when I get into a serious relationship, I do erase guy's numbers. Face it, if they were worth anything I would be seeing them, not my boyfriend. I have no interest in keeping in touch with randoms from my past that obviously never met much to me or thought I met much to them. The only reason you keep the number is an ego boost or to have something on the back burner if this guy doesn't work out. Not cool.

• I see your point, but do you never just have friends that happen to be male? I have a lot of guy friends and I know I'd never consider sleeping with them.

• You wouldn't consider sleeping with them, but, trust me, they would consider sleeping with you.

What Guys Said 4

• Signs a guy is cheating...

- He has other girls numbers in his phone

- he texts other girls

- he emails other girls

- he calls other girls

Tell your friend to not play the denial card... if she feels like he's cheating, then he's probably cheating. Better to face it now then to pretend its not going on at all.

• ...so, a guy is supposed to erase every girl's number from his phone when he's in a relationship o.O?

• If I asked my boyfriend to delete all the girls' numbers from his phone, not text, email, or call any of them, he would have almost no friends left (as he tends to make friends with girls easier than with guys). I don't believe it's fair for someone to alienate themselves from their friends, simply because their friends are girls and their girlfriend is insecure. It's unreasonable to think that a guy is cheating just because he's friends with other girls.

• Most men will take the bait if it is there...

• Hmmmm your friend needs her head testing. Letting him cheat because she is too scared to get hurt.

What about if he contracts Aids and passes it to her? Better to face the pain of breaking up rather than battle HIV.

• My close friend hangs out with mainly girls. If he was to date someone outside of the group of friends (most likely to happen), then I know for a fact his girlfriend would get jealous of all the girls he hangs out with.

Just because a guy has female friends doesn't always mean he's cheating. It might be true that cutting his relations with all other girls would make you feel better, but that just means you're insecure. I wouldn't suggest that to your friend. Insecurity is always part of the battle, though. She needs to learn how to cope with jealousy. If it's too much to deal with, then she just needs to voice her opinion and feelings to her boyfriend and have him explain.

• If he is having sex with another girl would be a good sign as would a text message implying it...

What Girls Said 5

• Come on I had a blast can't wait to do it again tell your girlfriend to stop being naive ask him I know she doesn't want him to know she checked his phone but she did is she afraid because then he might break up with her if he does he wasn't meant for her anyway. That's just him trying to cover up his tracks by saying why was you looking through my phone then switching it around on her in breaking it off to make her feel like she did something wrong. If you keep playing the dumb girlfriend that's how he would treat you like a dumb girl he can get over on. She will be able to tell what kind of guy he is by his response if he breaks it off because she ask him that tell her to run because he cheating anyway and is trying to use reverse psychology on her by making her feel like she did something wrong, but if he tries to explain the situation to her in she lets him no how she feels about a girl tex ting him he will look at her differently because she is not letting someone just run over her.

• yes I mean why else would a female text him that. some signed that I know of is if he is real secretive with his phone, leaves for long times, lies that he is going some where and ends up some where else, looses affection. poor her I feel for her I just cought my ex cheating and it hurts but tell her it is not worth the stress and pain.

• That's a pretty damn good sign that he is. She needs to ask him and hopefully he will tell her the truth then she needs to move on. She can do better. Tell your friend that she deserves a man that will treat her with respect and has eyes for only her.

• call that "other woman" up and say "who's this?"

• If he doesn't tell her what's going on, then he's probably cheating. My boyfriend will say "so and so called me the other day" or if he's on his phone and I say "what's up" and he says "it's so and so" then it's not a problem. But when he's really secretive and keeps the stuff, that's when there's been problems.