Should I text my ex? To be just friends.

He screwed me over a year and a half ago, I was really heartbroken and he's still dating the girl he left me for but I think he's annoyed with her. We haven't talked in a while and I don't want to get back together but I want to leave the past in the past and be friends. I like someone else now and a lot more than whatever feelings I have left for him.

Should I do it?

• Go for it.
  • Don't.
he screwed me over by going after the girl I kept accusing him of liking when we were dating, like a week after we broke up. and he tried talking ot me again and he's my best friends brother and he told her he wants to be friends with me a while ago but i
wasn't ready and I want to go back to being friends with him now because when I go to their house its awkward and I feel like if we're friends how we used to be a long time before we dated, it would be better?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmmmm...it seems like you moved on yet at the same time your trying to go back to the painful past. I mean it has been a while now...but remember how he did you wrong a while ago. Because even if he were to offer you the friendship of all friendships, always look back and realize how he did you wrong and broke your heart not too long ago. In the end its up to you...but just be careful ms, somethings do not always appear what they seem to be. Good luck with everything there ms.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• why would you? he screwed you over and then you want to give him the power to ignore your requests? no, let him be.

• He screwed me over by going after the girl I kept accusing him of liking when we were dating, like a week after we broke up. and he tried talking ot me again and he's my best friends brother and he told her he wants to be friends with me a while ago but I wasn't ready. its awkward when I go over there because we don't talk and there's tension so I wanna do this to get back to being friends with him like how it was way before we started dating. and pretend it never happened

• Again..he screwed you over, who cares what he is like before...he doesn't deserve to call himself your friend

• i think you're fooling yourself because you do want him back. If you didn't, you wouldn't have said that he's annoyed with his current girl. If your intentions are to get back with him, don't text him.

• Those aren't my intensions I wouldn't take him back even if he tried