Should I break up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 8 months. I'm 22 and he's 23. He just graduated college and about a month ago I asked him if he wanted to go to Disneyland to celebrate. He verified that he was able to go so I bought non-refundable plane tickets and a hotel.
It's not unusual for my boyfriend and I to go a day, or maybe two without talking. I hadn't talked to him since Tuesday, when he texted me about something unrelated to the trip. We talked on the phone today and he told me he enrolled in a short session summer class to replace the grade he got when he took it earlier in his college career. The class is Monday through Friday and has a heavy homework load. I asked him if he would still be able to go on the trip and he said he didn't know. He has been aware of this for at least three days and didn't bother to mention it until I asked.
I understand having to re-take the class and he said he'd pay me back for the tickets, but I'm still stuck going to Disneyland by myself or just not going and still wasting money.

I just don't understand how he could go so long without communicating something like this to his girlfriend who he says he loves when I was just trying to do something nice.
Should I break up with my boyfriend?
6
1