What do you do when you're heartbroken?

I usually smoke, drink and not eat when that happens. Basically not give a fuck about myself for a few days before I let go and move on.

What about you?

1138

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience, I have seen that girls and guys have different reactions after breakup.
    Breakup affects the girls right after it happens. They are broken and hurt. They dwell on it fir few days and then they move on.

For guys it's slightly different. Right after the breakup they are at the stage of denial. It happens fir a long period of time. Then acceptance hits and guys are broken. After this it takes a while for the guys to move on.
    I just get back to my daily activities and let time heal all wounds.

Most Helpful Girl

• I try to find find healthier outlets like going to the gym and get looking and feeling great about myself so I can laugh off his loss.

What Guys Said 37

• I channel all emotion into building muscle, strength and more health. Not caring about the only body I will ever get is not something I will ever allow, no matter what.

You decided not to care, you made that choice. But you can also make the opposite choice. To turn heart break into increased health. To turn the bad feelings into a workout.

• Not care for a few days then go back to my normal life. Doing things I love or find a new thing to do.

• Not caring for a few days, especially the smoking, drinking and not eating can cause damage that impacts us for the rest of our life. We just don't realize.

• I do realize that actually and the consequences it'll do.

• I don not get heartbroken so easily. If i get sometimes then I just watch Animes or Hang out with friends or Sleep (prefer this mostly).

• well it really depends on how long you were together n how much they meant to you. if your moving on in a couple days then it couldn't of been a long relationship. heartbreak is one of the worst things to feel n deal with cuz little shit can make that person pop in your head n it's not easy to get out​. I slept a lot but I have​ a job so I couldn't jus sleep constantly but work would kinda take my mind off of her until I had something I wanted to tell her but couldn't cuz we didn't talk n that made it hurt again. you jus gotta keep your mind occupied n maybe think there's a reason it didn't work out. shits not easy.

• I didn't say I got over someone in a few days. I said I don't care about myself for a couple of days.

• yeah that's all you can do but my mind loves to randomly go back to thinking about it no matter how busy I am. I started smoking to help n that's the best thing I found so far.

• That's true. Sometimes, you just can't help but think about it.

• Not caring for yourself is the opposite of what is good for you. I understand, though. Self-care is your best option. Save that not giving a fuck for them. You have better things to do. Enjoy life. Show them that you matter to you, if not to them. Be a little selfish and build up that confidence. You Rock!!!

• Get high to relax and forget about it. Surround myself with my friends and family.
    And I usually hook up with some people

• When I was heartbroken, i cried.. but i started going to the gym , and bought a punchingbag. I trained as hard as i could for wresling. I focused on other things where i could release that terrible sadness in side of me.

• i trying to move on but every time I see a couple r go to places I walk i feel to cry myself kick tht girl who cheated me

• Yes thats what you should do when your heart broken! Smoke drink be depressed nothing says feel better like sitting around doing nothing all day. Smh the only thing you can do is close that chapter in your life look past the pain understand shit happens and find something *cough* or someone to do with your free time. Just Reflect on yourself use the time to improve and move on in life

• Hey don't judge. I still do shit other than that. That's most likely I do when I'm not doing anything else. I bake for a living. So basically that's what I do all the time even if I'm not heartbroken.

• Have a night with friends where they end up telling (shouting and hollering like apes) me to stop whining like a bitch. Tell them to fuck off for a minute then end up having a good laugh at myself together. Lucky to have them..

• I resolve to improve myself, accept responsibility if the situation is my fault. I try not to get depressed--take action,, instead!

• Usually when I'm heartbroken I will eat more than i should from being over anxious , depressed.

• Try to move on.

• I work harder and become more productive.

• I treated my heartbreak by spending more time and effort lifting, running, etc.. I also spend more time playing music. I've only fallen in love and been heartbroken once. The silver lining was that I got into the best shape of my life.

• First I try to find out why etc but if no luck there then chill with friends, basketball and put her in the rearview. Peace lol

• i think of time whn it wasn't hapn.. and thn i think about my plans.. and thn i pretend it nvr hapn..

like.. if i broke wid girlfriend.
    i will think of time whn she was stranger.. and thn i will recall plans i made for future back thn..
    and thn i will orerend i never met her..
    so now i have things to do..

• Hi LostGirl08: you feeling down are you? That always happens here in this house of mine. Did you know that a good cure for heartache is actually to go for a run? Definitely works for me, get out of the house for a while and collect your thoughts together. Usually when we sit around we tend to sink into deep thought and then that’s when we start to feel sorry for ourselves. Love is after all over-rated. Love don’t pay the rent, and love can ruin relationships. Its best to just like someone I think, that way your heart don’t come into it. Honestly…Sometimes love is like a candle, it will shine bright for some time but then it finally flickers away to nothing. That’s just sometimes with some people. But when you are feeling heartbroken it is usually a sign to pick yourself up and just get on with it. If you sit around you make yourself ill. If I want love from a woman, I will forget it as quick as I pick it up. That’s me though.

• well, i invest myself in work completely n eat foods that make me happy

• Try to keep silent.

• Heartbroken? you mean by a guy/girl?
    you have to love someone first to be hurt like that and for me its a been a really long time since the last time i actually enjoyed someone so much i felt really hurt by them, usually i dont care and move on.

• Well, I got my heart broken by a guy. But my question is mainly general. Like what do YOU do when YOUR heart is broken.

• Nothing special i just stay alone, think why it happened and move on, emotions aren't my strongest point really and i've figured out a long time ago that they're not exactly useful in every situation and iam pretty good at being emotionless at the right times so... yeah it works for me.

• heartache is the worst pain...
    I switch into "emergency mode" where only the basic needs can be done...

• Smoke an L, send like 30 messages on POF or swipe hard on Tinder.

• i do different things so i can't be sure which one is me. i did smoke but i dont want to be an addict. so i wouldn't anymore. i go wise lately , depression pills , sleep, eat banana to gain morale.

• I am going to home and taking shower. then thinking about the results. for next I never let this Pearson break my heart again

• i find a videogame and play it all day. also add some ice cream or cookies or sugar. then i think about it and find ways to blame myself. then repeat for a few days

• have as much meaningless sex as possible

• Songs are like medicine for me😊🎧🎧

• I dress to impress and find a hottie that can mend it back. Try it. Its immediate relief.

• Did that before. Jumped on Tinder and started hooking up. Well, those were the days.

• nah. it's not a surprise.

• I got suicidal though after I saw happy feet XD.. Such a shit movie :p

• I wouldn't really know, never been there.
    (I care so less that I feel hurtless. lol)

• I give up eating stop praying and locked myself in dark room for many hours

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 10

• I just try to distract myself. Spend time with family and friends, watch tv and do exercise.

• 1. I cry my eyes out. I know if I don't let my tears fall.. I'd feel as if something is trying to suffocate me.
    2. I accept the situation. There's no other choice. I tell myself there's no point sitting in a corner and feeling sorry for yourself. You gotta get up, and be strong.
    3. I keep myself busy. or I simply do activities that helps me keeps my mind off him. (If cooking is your hobby, then do it! if dancing makes you happy, then do it!)
    3. I meditate/ practice yoga or simply go jogging. It makes me feel better.
    4. I surround myself with positive friends or family members. It cheers me up.
    5. I get rid of anything that reminds me of him.

• Eat ice cream, go on walks, visit with friends, watch movies, cry, write in my journal, go shopping! I do all sorts of things when heartbroken. Sometimes I just lay in bed and sleep :P

• I just sleep more.

• Take time to do things you would've done without them. Work on yourself and personal growth. Get busy with other things that doesn't make you think of them. And eventually you will get over them :)

• I cry and sometimes I go for a walk

• I watch cartoons with my best friend and he buys be ice cream and chicken nuggets while I cry

• Do whatever you want and all that you like !!!

• Eat, cuddle with dog, watch tv

• in the starti. g few days I dont eat a thing and look like a patient. and then I eat soo much that I start becoming an elephant. until finally either the guy comes back and apologizes to me or I just move on