Boyfriend of three years broke up with me due to us both being a different religion and is no refusing to meet in person as he cannot see me upset?

My boyfriend made the decision to break up with me over FaceTime a week ago due to us being of a different religion as his family having problems. However, we were arguing quite frequently prior to this but it was never something that we could not sort out. All I'm asking for is for him to meet me in person in order to talk about things. He has not contacted me in the past week and I feel so heartbroken. I have been speaking to his mother and she seems quite calm about the whole situation. What should I do? I love this guy an awful lot and just want us to put our differences a side and work things out

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc.

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such. an incompatible person will still be incompatible. An abuser only gets worse. Promises "to change" are always lies.

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them? I see people who whine about an ex spreading rumors or posting negative things on social media. Who cares? Their opinion should not matter at all. They are an EX... the past. No longer involved with you.

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

"But I still love hm/her" So? That doesn't mean THEY love you back. There was a reason the relationship ended.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. Everyone goes through MANY breakups in their lives. This EX is just on in a long line of future exes. That is life.

Be well and be realistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• religion is not an easy thing for people to change and while it's not what you want to hear, it's a core value most individuals will not change just for someone they love.
    unless you can both practices your religions and coexist peacefully I suggest moving on... sorry

• My mums family and me already follow that religion it's just my dads family whom follow something different

• but if his core values seek someone who encompasses the belief system (parents and all) you can't change his mind about that. it seems like he has already decided

What Guys Said 5

• I mean you say you want to sit down with him and talk about things, what are you hoping for? You wasn't him to change his mind? I understand that and I know you love him but in case this doesn't happen then you should probably move on. Yeah it hurts, sometimes people feel that but really it's not about how u feel now, it's about how ur gonna feel awhile from now. He's not the only guy in the world and I know it's hard to let 3 years of your life go but trust me there are many more years to come, and I believe that if u stay true to yourself then you will find someone that will be of the same religion and love you despite that. Maybe the different religions should've been a warning sign for you...

• I just need to speak to him once in person

• Well you can keep begging his hand and see if that works but if he won't budge after countless attempts then I suggest you stop. Because only he can decide what he wasnts to do you can't do it for him.

• Yes I understand that

• three years and all of a sudden he broke up dating due to religion. did you two have different religion from the beginning of the relationship?

• if he is breaking up with you just because you guys are different religions that's really dumb on his part. There's no reason for him to do that. Now if you guys were still together if his family is having problems just give him a little space to figure things out but still be there for him and support him the best you can.

• Do you think I should message him telling him I am there for him or should I just give him space. Would it be a bad idea to go to his considering he lives in a different city and lives with his whole family whom I have never met before. However I do speak to them and have a good relationship

• all you can do is be there for him. Can't say that will motivate him to want to get back with you. Only time will tell

• I can't deal with this. I keep feeling so anxious and suffered from a panic attack two days ago

• yet another of the infinite reasons religion is useless and more often harmful than positive. Be smart, be an atheist. Are u only religious to appease your friends and family? Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

• Personally I don't follow the religion but it's my dad's side of the family who does. It's so frustrating that religion can have such a huge impact on our lives

• Just going with whatever his family are saying

• That's kinda worse 😂... he doesn't care to think for himself and just blindly follows orders.. sounds familiar.. hmmm 1938-1945 ring any bells?

• If he has to choose between his family and you, you can not blame him for choosing his family. He probably loves you, and that is why do not want to meet you. There is nothing you can do here, except to accept and move on.

• We were so good together though and I cannot just let this go. We planned our whole future out together. I just want a chance to see him

• Dont you think he already has explained all this but still could not convince them?

It is as difficult for him as well as it is for you. In fact, it is more. He has to bear all the confrontation and emotional abuse by his family, if he lives with them.

You should make it easier on him and stop contacting.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe he is anti-upsettic

• What do you mean

• it may not be a problem with religion, just an excuse but need to talk... if it is really about religion then it's kinda silly imo*

• Uhhhhhhhh why are boys like this