Ex asked if I'm in love with him.. why?

My ex and I broke up a month or a little more ago, haven't seen each other much and despite me saying I didn't feel like we should talk much anymore (I don't see a point. I like talking to him and I'll miss him but what's the point?), he texts me on and off almost daily.
He asks if I've "cheated" on him since we split (have I went on dates, he was joking) sometimes.
Today he told me "well I miss you" and then I said something about a party I was at last night and he asked "are you in love with me" and I left it on read and he said "answer me" and an hour or so later said "well, I'm waiting?" And then another hour later asked again if I was in love with him and I said "well.." and he said "still waiting" and then a few minutes later said "AMBER" I told him I thought I still was and asked why he wanted to know and he said "I was curious." I told him he wouldn't have answered if I'd asked him the same and he didn't say how he felt. Do you guys think he genuinely just wondered or there's more to it?

03

What Guys Said 3

• No he still wants to be with you. He wasn't just wondering at all. He still loves you too I'm sure. He misses you.

• men who do this tend to be in a mindset of (I'm never gonna see her/him again). which then turns into one of two things
    1) she/he is being over dramatic and needs to be given a taste of reality. that is done by nonstop forms of communication with the other party.
    or
    2) it's a state or form of either bipolar depression or clinical depression. the way this situation is stated or explained in my eyes is he's in a form of bipolar depression. ( when bipolar effects someone it makes them happy for a bit then to ager filled depression or just depression it's self ((that's what I suffer from so I can give a personal denifintion of what that is)). best thing to do is don't be drawn by it just let him know mentally that he needs to sort things out In his head. but without coming out and saying hit the bricks because that make clinical depression take action. and that would not be good. I know it's morbid but I hope this gives some form of help.

What Girls Said 0